Thummim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thummim?

I miss Thummim. It's been too long since he's been away. I hope everything's going well with him.

The board has been so quiet since he's been away...
    When will he be back?

matt

Miss Communication

Hi MadeByFire,

I miss Thummim also. Actually, I miss communicating with everyone at Lo Ammi, and there are some that I really regret not being able to debate with.

I sent you an email a month or so ago, and I am not sure that you received it. Did you get my message?

Sincerely, Spying
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Spying! It's great to hear from you!

I didn't get the email. Try sending it to:

[email protected]

I was thinking about you as well as Thummim, when I wrote the post about him. It's just been so long since he left. If I remember right, he said he'd be back in a month or so. Seems like it has been at least two or three months.

I would love to hear how you are doing. I've been wondering.

sincerely,
      matt

Comment

Is the writting of Esther, a warning of something to come?

...Matt, as you can see, I'm back. I want to revisit you with a question that I asked you some time ago. You never came up with an answer. If {jesus} has fulfilled an offering or a sacrifice, which one did he fulfill, and to which purpose? I have just written Ricoel on the possibility of {jesus} being a pascal lamb. Perhaps you can make a better argument on {jesus} fulfilling something. If I had an answer, I could pursue it more deeply. I think that when the writers of the NT decided to build a faith without using the Name of YHWH, that they made a grave mistake. There is only one cannonized book in the tanakh that doesn't use GD's Name. It is about the planned slaughter of the JEWish people.

....Michael

Comment

Hello Thummim! We're glad to have you back. It's been pretty quiet here lately.

Let's get down to business:
          concerning the "Lamb of the first year"...
          Exodus 12:
          5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats.

Exodus 11:
          4 So Moses said, "This is what YHWH says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. 5 Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn son of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. 6 There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt-worse than there has ever been or ever will be again. 7 But among the Israelites not a dog will bark at any man or animal.' Then you will know that YHWH makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel.

Exodus 12:
          29 At midnight YHWH struck down all the firstborn in Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn of the prisoner, who was in the dungeon, and the firstborn of all the livestock as well. 30 Pharaoh and all his officials and all the Egyptians got up during the night, and there was loud wailing in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead.
          The firstborn were especially to be set aside and given to YHWH. He gave specific instructions about the firstborn of man and animals. (Exodus 13:11-13)

The theme of the "firstborn" runs throughout all of YHWH's Word. Cain is set aside for abel... Eshmael is set aside for Isaac... Esau is set aside for Jacob... Egypt is set aside for Israel, YHWH's firstborn (Exodus 4:22-23).

The setting aside of the firstborn of the flesh (the natural) and the bringing in of YHWH's firstborn (the spiritual) points to the difference between the "natural" birth and the "spiritual" birth. We are born first as sinners, then we are born again as "saints".

The setting aside of the firstborn points back to the fact that it was (the first) Adam who brought in sin and death, placing mankind in the house of bondage. It also pointed forward to Yeshua Messiah, the Lamb of YHWH, YHWH's firstborn Son. Yeshua was the firstborn of Mary and the firstborn of YHWH's new creation (Matthew 1:21-25; Revelation 3:14; Colossians 1:15,18; Romans 8:29).

I hope you've been doing well. You moved, right?

sincerely,
          matt

Comment

my email address in the post above is no longer valid.

current email: [email protected]

Comment

What Rome does wrong!

...Matt writes;

The setting aside of the firstborn of the flesh (the natural) and the bringing in of YHWH's firstborn (the spiritual) points to the difference between the "natural" birth and the "spiritual" birth. We are born first as sinners, then we are born again as "saints".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

...This doesn't exactly hold up. Man is a good creation. YHWH looks at all that he has made and calls it very good. What Adam gains from the understanding that comes from his transgression, is the knowledge of how to sin. Mankind now knows how to sin. But mankind also knows how to please GD. Noah finds grace in the eyes of YHWH. Is Noah's birth spiritual? He has pleased GD because of another birth, or is it just that he reasons righteously? Righteousness is a ticket to him and all his family, into GD's good graces. Noah has the same birth as those who surround him. He has no special birth at all.
              Now how has Israel's sins been forgiven them with the death of the firstborn? Do you imply that a sinfree people leave Egypt? That is not what the rest of the story of the Exodus says. It seems that YHWH has occasion to find fault with his people, even after they leave Egypt. Now, if the blood of the covenant {brit} does not forgive sin, why then would the blood of a man? Being without spot or blemmish is not about sinlessness. But along with the proclamation of GD's Name, {Ex. 34: 7}, YHWH declares that he {already} forgives sin. Is this sin less forgiven, than that which {jesus} himself forgives? Are the forgiven of YHWH, not really forgiven?
              Nu. 28: 16 - 25 makes it clear that a pascel lamb does not suffice as a sin offering for unintended sin. These unintentional sins need atoning for. Those atonments are listed in these verses of text. But keeping in mind that Nu 15: 24 - 31 says that no atonement exists for any sin that one is aware of, we are left alone with YHWH's own forgiveness when we can merit it. There is no other path open to us, but to seek forgiveness from YHWH himself. What you and all christians want to do, is to bind the forgiveness of sin to the shedding of blood. But there is no such thing in the tanakh. Again, an atonement does not exist that can cover the eyes of YHWH from our sins of intent. A kaphar {atonement} is literally a cover. As I have explained, Moses cannot approach YHWH until he removes his shoes. The soles of his shoes are covered with many unintentional sins. You don't know what they haved walked upon. When our shoes cannot be removed from our feet, we are left only with making an atonement. This atonement is not really for our unintentional sins which are covered with the atonement that the priests make. The kaphars belong to YHWH. They do not really belong to us. Of course, christianity gets this fact wrong. They think that atonement exists for our own forgiveness. But what kaphar could Moses and Aaron give to YHWH, to turn away GD's wrath at them? It is not good to forget to sanctify the Name of YHWH as the true deliverer of his people. I'm sure that they both would have rather had been allowed to cross the Jordan river into the promised land.
              And when the northern tribes of Israel defied GD, what atonement could they have made to turn back the Assyrians? And when the kings of YaHudaH offended YHWH, what kaphar would have been exceptable to GD, to cause the Babylonians to return back to Babylon? What you are not picking up on, is that atonement does not belong to forgiving ourselves of sin. They belong to GD for us having sinned unintentionally. Those who live in the presence of their Eloheem, need a method of taking off their shoes. Kaphars are the way that they remove their shoes. But the sins that we sin before our Eloheem cannot be hidden from his eyes.
              When a Roman reads the tanakh, he sees a GD who requires slaughter and the shedding of blood, for the remission of sin. But that is the faith of Rome. There is no such thing available for the JEWish people. {or anyone else who chooses the Eloheem of Jacob, to follow. How than is a sin of intent to be dwelt with?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required. Ps. 40: 6

For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. Ps. 51: 16, 17

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hos. 6: 6

Wherewith shall I come before YHWH, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?

Will YHWH be pleased with thousands of rams, orwith ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth YHWH require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy Eloheem? Mi. 6: 6 - 8

Paul is absolutely wrong when he states that "without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin." Heb. 9: 2} Paul is a Roman who thinks like a Roman. When we merit forgiveness, YHWH forgives us. He casts our sins into the bottom of the sea. He refuses to think on our past transgressions. He would rather go forward.

....Michael

Comment

THUMMIM!
                WOW!!!
                BLESSINGS TO YOU ACHI!!

It has been a very long while.

but to give a slight answer to what you asked matt.
                THE NAME is actually used several times as I have found it in the NT.
                I know that there is mention of the name in both matthew and in john.

In Aramaic, they ALWAYS said YHWH as MARYAH
                and in the hebrew nt's found they use nothing other than YHWH

I personally found it to be amazing.
                Truth be known- in the septuagint- there is NO differences between Adonai,Adoni, and YHWH- for some reason they only use kurios and other words to denote a master and THE NAME

And the septuagint, remember, was a translation made by orthodox jews.

maybe these fathers of ours didnt see what they had led way of causing-
                They planned their own destruction without even knowing and the destruction of our people aswell.
                For in the next centuries to come- a multitude of gentiles picked up the septuagint a marred the name of its Messiah and Judaism creating a monster that is accepted as christianity today.

blessings to you Thummim

shalom u'bracha
                ONE G-D, ONE SPIRIT, ONE MESSIAH.
                ONE COMMUNITY/IKKLESIA/K'HILLA, ONE BODY, ONE BRIDE.
                ONE TORAH [MEMRA(audible) and KHOCHMA(written)], ONE MASORAH.

OBEY YE THE SOFRIM (HAKHAMIM) and the PERUSHIM for they are the only ones given right to and power to interpret scripture. DO AS THEY TELL YOU but do not do as the Colored-Rabbis and colored pharisees tell you, for they are Painted!(Matt 23:1-3)

Comment

What is in a Name?

...Good to speak with you again Anthony. I've been gone awhile. I still am trying to make the connection between the Name of YHWH and all JEWish people, plain for all gentiles to see. I have nothing more that the knowledge of the Name of YHWH and how it has come from the Name of YaHudaH, too help me in my purpose. Knowing that a breach exists in the house of Judah and that Judah knows that his seed is not his to claim, but belongs to his son of a Canaanite mother, has YaHudaH sharing alot with this world. Proverbs says that the Name of YHWH is a strong tower and that the righteous can run into it and be safe. This is the direction in which I keep my eyes turned. "Yit gadol v yit kadesh sh' mei raba B' alma di b' ra kir'uteh" It is my faith. "May GD's Name be exalted and hollowed throughout the world that he created, as is GD's wish." I am in the process of teaching the Name of YaHudaH to as many as will listen, to cover the JEWish people. Christians need to learn that you cannot damn the JEWish people without also damning the Name of GD. YaHudee escapes the wrath of this world when the Name "JEW" becomes the peoples strength, rather than their curse.

1 A Song of degrees of David.

If it had not been YHWH who was on our side, now may Israel say;

2 If it had not been YHWH who was on our side, when men rose up against us:

3 Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:

4 Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:

5 Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.

6 Blessed be YHWH, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.

7 Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.

8 Our help is in the name of YHWH, who made heaven and earth. Ps. 124

...I deed a very good Name to all JEWs. I also give a king to Israel, who has a rite to sit upon the throne of David. A child to be born, his right arm being red, born of JEWish parents in Israel, He can sit upon his throne and give heir to Davids seed. He will stand between JEW and gentile and mediate peace. He will be father to all JEWs. {him claiming the place of Perez in the line of Judah.} If YaHudaH is the Name of GD and it is his rite to claim, his Name will also be "YHWH" {GD}. Though his rite is that of which only a Canaanite mother alone can bestow upon him, he will be all JEWish. His Ima and Abba are both JEWish.

6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, --> and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever {see Jer 33: 17}. The zeal of YHWH of hosts will perform this. Isa. 9: 6, 7

...a good Name is precious ointment.

....Michael

Comment

Leviticus 17:11 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.

If that is true, then why does YHWH say that He does not desire sacrifice? Because it is obedience that is desired.

Thummim, do you observe the Sabbath? What about the Feasts?

Isaiah 1:11 "The multitude of your sacrifices-
                    what are they to me?" says YHWH.
                    "I have more than enough of burnt offerings,
                    of rams and the fat of fattened animals;
                    I have no pleasure
                    in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.
                    12 When you come to appear before me,
                    who has asked this of you,
                    this trampling of my courts?
                    13 Stop bringing meaningless offerings!
                    Your incense is detestable to me.
                    New Moons, Sabbaths and convocations-
                    I cannot bear your evil assemblies.
                    14 Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts
                    my soul hates.
                    They have become a burden to me;
                    I am weary of bearing them.

Does this mean that you should no longer observe the Sabbath or the Passover? Of course not. But the same idea applies here as it does to the sacrifice: YHWH wants nothing to do with offerings that come from disobedient people, people who sin "intentionally" in defiance of YHWH's laws. That is why YHWH said there can be no sacrifice made for the intentional sin (Num. 15).

blessings,
                    matt

Comment

Honoring the Name.

...Matt, I like your new handle, "Made By Fire". It suggests that we must pass through the crucible of learning. And, as you know, sometimes it gets very hot in the oven. Of course you already know that I observe Shabbot. But what makes the offerings of YHWH exceptable to him is giving them to his Name. How else does he possess them? All else is robbery to him. He wants his own Name honored.

6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith YHWH of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? Mal. 1: 6

--> the book of Malachi is all about the Name of YHWH. Read the header at the beginning of the second chapter of Malachi.

...Shabbot Shalom Matt. Thanks for being concerned about me.

....Michael

Comment

Is it a loaded gun pointed at the JEWish people? Where is the blessing for JEWs?

...Anthony, the book of Esther does not refer to GD or use the letters {YHWH} at all. It is about the planned destruction of the JEWish people. Why does this book remind me of the NT? Perhaps the book of Esther is a warning to the JEWish people.

....Michael

Comment

Hi Thummim, right now i do not speak of the book of esther, However- t do speak on the writtings under YHshWh.

These writtings do indeed use the name, they use many titles concerning Hashem.
                          As YHWH(hebrew)/MarYAH(aramaic), EL, Adon/Adonai

Ya'acov actually uses the title name YHWH tseva'ot.
                          in the good news writtings -there are many times were Messiah uses The Name.
                          Have you not noticed the parables concerning the y'shu passages in gemara?
                          this y'shu, though a sorcerer uses the name to secure power.

both histories claim that he uses the name- one side says he uses the name in blasphemy while the other says he uses the name in right acts.

The book of Esther, yes- it is a warning.

BOOO HAMAN!
                          BOOO Hitler!
                          BOOO Imam Mahdi!
                          BOOO Muhammad!
                          Booo the templars/crusaders!
                          Boooo the inquisition!

all of these are peoples and nations that wish to see us dead.
                          at least one group wants to see themselves titled with our name- lol. (those christians "replacements" )

Have you not noticed that the spirit of confusion(iron) will mix itself with the flesh of men(clay)?
                          this has already happened a very long time ago.
                          and these people are 10 come down to 7 with one big horn that has reconstituted itself.
                          and these people and spirit has done all that it could to take out both the unbelieving jew along with the believing jew and the foreigners that were and are with them.
                          They still do it to us now- to the unbeliving jew they say- leave your jewishness and believe in the "sun of G-D". To the jews and foreigners that believe in messiah they say " leave your jewishness you hypocrites[minim] for the Torah and Messiah are not one. You blaspheme G-d and his grace."

they fail to understand.
                          At Yavne- the unbelieving Jews cut us off from the synagogue by adding a section to the amidah. For the believers would by no means curse themselves.
                          There were no actual rabbi's during the 1st century until after the destruction of beit ha'mikdash

however, the title was used- it was never official.
                          Messiah spoke directly against the leaders- he spoke humbly to the poor of the city- those that wanted Messiah dead had something to lose.

I really dont know why i got into all of this when we were just discussing the name.
                          However, here you have it.

shalom u'bracha achi

Antonio-AntotiYah
                          ONE G-D, ONE SPIRIT, ONE MESSIAH.
                          ONE COMMUNITY/IKKLESIA/K'HILLA, ONE BODY, ONE BRIDE.
                          ONE TORAH [MEMRA(audible) and KHOCHMA(written)], ONE MASORAH.

OBEY YE THE SOFRIM (HAKHAMIM) and the PERUSHIM for they are the only ones given right to and power to interpret scripture. DO AS THEY TELL YOU but do not do as the Colored-Rabbis and colored pharisees tell you, for they are Painted!(Matt 23:1-3)

Comment

Armed!

...Antonio, when you grasp the sword of GD's name comfortably in your hand, to defend his people, I know that we must share some part of the same spirit.
                            Baruch Hashem. The Name of YHWH is a sword in a skilful hand that has been taught how to use it to defend Jacob.

1 YHWH hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion; Ps. 20: 1, 2 {2, 3TNK}

....Michael

Comment

the "household" lamb...

Exodus 12:3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb for his family, one for each household.

Genesis 7:1 YHWH then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."

Joshua 24:15 But if serving YHWH seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve YHWH.

Acts 16:31They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

Luke 19:9Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

the lamb for a house (Exodus 12:3-4)
                              the lamb for a nation (Exudus 29:38-42)
                              the Lamb for the world (John 1:29,36)

Comment

Working...
                              X