Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shem

SOME DICTIONARY DEFINITIONS

We all know who Shem was, right, but lets take a look at what the Dictionary says ----just to make sure.

Shem \ ‘shem \ n [ Heb Shem ] : the eldest son of Noah and ancestor of the Semitic peoples

(Webster’s New Collegiate Dictionary)

Ok , just as I thought he is the ancestor of all the Semitic people.

++++++++++

And this is what the dictionary has to say about Semites:

Sem•ite \"se-'mït\ n : a member of any of a group of peoples (as the Hebrews or Arabs) of southwestern Asia — Se•mit•ic \s€-"mi-tik\ adj

(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

(This also includes The Babylonians, Assyrians, Aramaens, Canaanites, Phoenicians and many other peoples as well.)

Ok so we have established just who Shem and the Semites are

+++++++++

We all know who Abraham is----Right?

In Scripture he is known as the first Hebrew and he was a direct descendant of Noah’s eldest son Shem ----a Semite by birth and blood.

Here is what the dictionary has to say about Hebrews:

He•brew \"hب-brü\ n 1 : the language of the Hebrews 2 : a member of or descendant from a group of Semitic peoples; esp : ISRAELITE — Hebrew adj

(c)2000 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Did you know that the vast majority of the people known as “Jews” are neither “Semites” nor “Hebrews” either by birth or bloodline?

It’s True!

Here is a link that go into this subject in detail:

http://www26.brinkster.com/archived/...D=642193019390

And yet folks have been mislead into believing that the Jews are a Race of people of Semitic Hebrews namely son and daughters of Yisrael and I am talking about, by birth and bloodline, but yet this clearly isn’t the case, and yet the #1 definition is that Jew is an Israelite, which can truly only apply to less than 10% of the overall population world wide of the so-called Jewish people.

Once again I give you the dictionary:

Jew \"jü\ n 1 : ISRAELITE 2 : one whose religion is Judaism — Jew•ish adj
    _

A Jew is a Jew because of their Religion, not their ethnic background or heritage. If a Hamite in the deepest darkest part of Africa converts to Judaism he if by magic, becomes a JEW !

++++++++++

What I find interesting is the term that the Jews have come up with for anyone that may question not only their religion,but also the heritage and their claim that they are the chosen RACE.

an•ti–Sem•i•tism \'an-ti-"se-m€-'ti-z€m, 'an-'tï-\ n : hostility toward Jews as a religious or social minority — an•ti–Se•mit•ic \-s€-"mi-tik\ adj

_

In the true sense of the word the Jews are the ones that are “anti–Semitic” regardless of their false claims and are the ones that are persecuting the sons of Shem in Yisrael.

A “RELIGION” does not make a RACE of people Folks!

No matter how hard you may try, and that’s just plain fact, but yet that is just what the “religion”---- Judaism has been doing for years.
    Yirm. 10:10

"But YHWH is truly Elohim. He is the living Elohim and the everlasting Sovereign........."

HA'SHEM

TRUTH,

I Agree!

LOVE,

RICOEL

Please read this post concerning ISRAEL. It started out on how important a name is and ended up on who was a jew and who is ISRAEL. (Nov 2001)

http://www.lo-ammi.org/forum/showthr...p?threadid=209

and

http://www.israelthebride.org/BrokenBranches.htm (Apr 1996)
    The BODY of MESSIAH Ministry

I did not CREATE YOU for a certain time.
    I CREATED YOU for ETERNITY.
    I CREATED YOU for ME.
    That is why I SAVED YOU.
    For ME.

YOUR HUSBAND,
    YHSHWH

Comment

Shalom and thank you for the links.

What constitutes Jewish identity came into question during the 19th and 20th centuries, however. Some Jews today, especially in Israel, reject the Jewish religion but insist that they belong to a distinct ethnic or national community. Other Jews, especially in the West, reject the ethnic component of Jewish identity while claiming they follow a distinct religion. Still others in the West define themselves as cultural Jews, meaning that they lack a religious affiliation and feel part of some other ethnic group, but they believe there is a distinctive Jewish culture in which they participate. And in all parts of the world there are Jews who insist that Jews are both an ethnic and a religious group. Finally, there are those who insist that Jewish religious law defines Jewish identity. In this view, anyone born to a Jewish mother, or anyone who has properly converted to the Jewish faith, is a full-fledged member of the Jewish people and religion. Thus, today there is no consensus on the definition of a Jew.(imagine that)
      Though pure fabrication even Dictionaries and Encyclopedias insist that the Jews are Yisraelites and trace their ancestry back to biblical times and to the nation Yisrael.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpag...1567959#endads

Here you can learn about the real Jews and their ancestry:

http://www.christusrex.org/www2/koestler/

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6784/bookruth.html

http://www.khazaria.com/brook.html

If all this is true then it would seem to be that there is something wrong here.

What about the so-called "RIGHT" or is that an excuse for the Feral state of Israel to be?

What about the Chosen Race theology that has been preached by Christian and Jews alike?

Hummm!

Something to Think about!

"But YHWH is truly Elohim. He is the living Elohim and the everlasting Sovereign........."

Comment

it is Strange ain't it.

Comment

Shalom,

I have read some of the links you supplied Truth and I have to say that one in another thread looks like it is a white supremist web site. That is my honest humble opinion. Maybe the information is correct to some extent, yet reading many of the other pages on that one site seriously makes me think if the information they are sharing is accurate based on their statements in other pages. And it is really looking like a site that is against Messianic Judaism. Which in my humble opinion I wouldn't want to use any information however valid it might be off that site.

Now about this thread. I do believe that the Israelites are Hashem's chosen people for a reason. And later the Judah people's who are called Jewish were the main tribe of Israel that kept the WORD of YHWH, but then later the land they lived in was taken over and they were taken away, but they weren't spread around and lost as the Northern Kingdom was. The Northern Kingdom was lost because they chose to worship other gods and therefore YHWH let them have what they wanted. Now Judah, Benjamin, and some Levites were in the Southern Kingdom. They were spared because of the Promise YHWH made to King David. And so they would come back to their land later on after they were taken away, and therefore they aren't Lost as the Northern Kingdom was.
          This isn't about Race at all. It is about a promise. Now those that are called Jew aren't Jew just because of Race, because there are others that have been added to the People that were non-Jew but who chose to Obey YHWH.
          And all this is by Faith. I can't completely explain why I have Faith, yet I can say HE drew me to HIM.

May the peace that transcends all understanding be with you,
          Shalom and Shalom,

Xxx (Signature editted at Poster's request -- hyssop)
          Last edited by hyssop; 06-20-2003, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Howdy Soy, long time no see!

Quote:

"Shalom,

I have read some of the links you supplied Truth and I have to say that one in another thread looks like it is a white supremist web site. That is my honest humble opinion. Maybe the information is correct to some extent, yet reading many of the other pages on that one site seriously makes me think if the information they are sharing is accurate based on their statements in other pages. And it is really looking like a site that is against Messianic Judaism. Which in my humble opinion I wouldn't want to use any information however valid it might be off that site. "

=========

White Supremist web site???

You had better look again!

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/refpa...61567959#endads

Here you can learn about the real Jews and their ancestry:

http://www.christusrex.org/www2/koestler/

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6784/bookruth.html

http://www.khazaria.com/brook.html

There has never been a Jewish race unless you consider the conglomerate of Aryan Turkish tribes of Khazaria and that the Khazars themselves migrated to Poland and formed the craddle of Western (Ashkenazim) Jewry...

Numbers don't lie!

"The Jews of our times fall into two main divisions: Sephardim and Ashkenazim.

The Sephardim are descendants of the Jews who since antiquity had lived in Spain (in Hebrew Sepharad) until they were expelled at the end of the fifteenth century and settled in the countries bordering the Mediterranean, the Balkans, and to a lesser extent in Western Europe. They spoke a Spanish-Hebrew dialect, Ladino, and preserved their own traditions and religious rites. In the 1960s, the number of Sephardim was estimated at 500000.

The Ashkenazim, at the same period, numbered about eleven million. Thus, in common parlance, Jew is practically synonymous with Ashkenazi Jew."

(According to the encarta)

"The multiplicity of Jewish identities makes it difficult to provide reliable population figures. Most contemporary estimates place the population of Jews worldwide at about 14 million. The two largest communities of Jews are in the United States and Israel. About 5.9 million Jews live in the United States, and about 4.6 million live in Israel. About 350,000 Jews live in Canada, primarily in Toronto and Montréal."

Out of this 14 million only 500,000 are of Sephardim.The rest can clearly be traced to this Ashkenazim sect.

To quote you Soy

"This isn't about Race at all. It is about a promise. Now those that are called Jew aren't Jew just because of Race, because there are others that have been added to the People that were non-Jew but who chose to Obey YHWH.
            And all this is by Faith. I can't completely explain why I have Faith, yet I can say HE drew me to HIM. "

=======

Soy

To be a Jew you have to accept Judaism.

Since when has the religion Judaism ever been the faith of Moshe?

Judaism was invented in Babylon! (the source of all false religion)
            And i mite add you can not even find the word itself in the OT, much less the name of the replacement people (JEWS) there either.

So who is fooling who?

Religion is the best tool Ha satan has and he has used it to decieve, mislead and out right lie to us all.

May YAH have mercy on us all!

Comment

Working...
            X