2 Corinthians 12:5-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Corinthians 12:5-12

2COR 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
    2COR 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
    2COR 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
    2COR 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
    2COR 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
    2COR 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
    2COR 12:11 I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
    _______

This is how I understand these verses.
    ___

2COR 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.

Of the one who went up to the third heaven, Paul says he will glory, but of himself, he will not. Paul will glory in his weaknesses.
    ___

2COR 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

Though (humanly) he desires to glory, he knows that it would be foolish.
    Paul will say the TRUTH and face it’s consequences. (to forebear)
    He doesn’t want any person to think too highly of him by what that person sees Paul to be or what that person hears Paul say.
    ___

2COR 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

But, to keep Paul from exalting himself or others exalting him, because of the abundance of revelation Paul gets;
    There is a messenger from satan, a thorn in the flesh, that “buffets” him. (keeps him humble and submitted)
    ___

2COR 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
    2COR 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Three times, Paul asked YH’SHWH to remove this messenger of satan (thorn).
    YH’SHWH said to Paul, “MY GRACE is SUFFICIENT to SAVE YOU. In your weakness ( Paul’s infirmities), MY STRENGTH is PERFECT.”
    Paul is glad to glory in his infirmities, so that the SPIRIT of MESSIAH will stay in him.
    ___

2COR 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Paul’s pleasure is in his infirmities, his needs, his persecutions, and his troubles that are produced for MESSIAH’S sake.
    In Paul’s weakness, YH’SHWH STRENGTH is PERFECT through Paul.
    _______

Do you all understand these verses differently?

LOVE,

RICOEL
    The BODY of MESSIAH Ministry

I did not CREATE YOU for a certain time.
    I CREATED YOU for ETERNITY.
    I CREATED YOU for ME.
    That is why I SAVED YOU.
    For ME.

YOUR HUSBAND,
    YHSHWH

My Grace Is Sufficient?

Hi RicoEL,

I am replying to your post with a previous post that I wrote for DeAnna on the Incest Thread entitled: Little By Little. There could be differences between this copy and the original because I am pasting the copy from my drafts instead of from the post on the Thread itself. I guess I could try to copy and paste the original post, but then I think that I would have to install all the vcodes again. Anyways, here it is:
    Hi DeAnna,

Good early morning to you. I have been up early writing to you. May you have a blessed Sabbath Day of rest from your physical labors.

Should we each aggressively seek to remove sin from our lives? Yes, we should! That burden is upon us, but we do not accomplish this task of removing our sin alone. Messiah will help us. After all, are we not a part of his body, and what normal person will not seek the well being of their own body. We also can each be assured that we must help each other to overcome the sin that is within each of us. Sin kills the body. If you are caught up in a sin, and I come to know of that sin, then I must work to help you overcome that sin before I am also overcome by your sin. If I ignore your sin, I am participating in your sin and soon your sin will be my own.

Now, with this firmly in your mind, I want to show you something that puts a monkey wrench into what I have just related to you. The Apostle Paul admitted to having a thorn in the flesh. Paul knew that all the promises of YAH have their "yes" in Messiah Yahushua. Therefore, Paul knew that through Messiah Paul also possessed his promised land, the earthen vessel in which he sojourned, that is, his physical body. Paul would have been aware of this scripture:
    Prov 17:11
    11 An evil man seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him. (KJV)
    And Paul knew that he was required to dominate and overcome his flesh as long as he found himself in the flesh. Paul was aware of this warning concerning his flesh:
    Num 33:55-56
    55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.
    56 Moreover it shall come to pass, that I shall do unto you, as I thought to do unto them. (KJV)
    The inhabitants of our land is the sin that dwells within us. So, Paul was fighting a particular sin within himself. That sin was not master over him, but the potential for mastery over him was a real possibility. Look at what he says about it:
    2 Cor 12:7-10
    7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. (Pride leads to rebellion; therefore, Paul was given cruel physical ailments to check his pride.)
    8 For this thing I besought ADONAI thrice, that it might depart from me.
    9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Messiah may rest upon me.
    10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Messiah's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. (KJV)
    So, Paul was not given complete triumph over his tendency to think too highly of himself. When I write in this manner, DeAnna, I sure do seem to be adopting your position about sin, don't I? I fully agree with you that ultimately Messiah is in charge of his own body. The buck does stop with him. This is Messiah's attitude about sin in his body:
    Exod 23:27-30
    27 I will send my fear before thee, and will destroy all the people to whom thou shalt come, and I will make all thine enemies turn their backs unto thee. (i.e. Lady Lucy and William)
    28 And I will send hornets before thee, which shall drive out the Hivite, the Canaanite, and the Hittite, from before thee.
    29 I will not drive them out from before thee in one year; lest the land become desolate, and the beast of the field multiply against thee.
    30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land. (KJV)
    Within the Body of Messiah, overcoming sin for each of us is a life long process. This process will continue until the number of the Elect is complete.

Sincerely, Spying
    RicoEL, how is it that the grace of Messiah is sufficient? Does anyone know how this works?

Have a good Sabbath Day!

Sincerely, Spying
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

to copy and paste...

Originally posted by Spying
      There could be differences between this copy and the original because I am pasting the copy from my drafts instead of from the post on the Thread itself. I guess I could try to copy and paste the original post, but then I think that I would have to install all the vcodes again.
      Spying, There's a "trick" to doing this the easy way...
      Find the post that you'd like to copy. Then click "reply w/quote". The post you want to copy will then show up in the text box, with the codes already there. Without actually replying to that post, just copy what you want, then you'll be able to paste it wherever you need to. Try it. I'm pretty sure that'll work.

matt

Comment

Weakness!

Hi Matthew23,

Thank you for your help and instruction! It looks to me that your "trick" will work nicely. The capabilities of this forum's program is amazing. Studying the posts in the "reply w/quote" window is also useful to understand how the vbcodes should be used in a post. For those of you who do not know what we are talking about, we are discussing the "Quote" button that is located in the lower right hand bottom of each post next to the "Edit" button. One can visibly see in the "Quote" window what the written text looks like before the codes change the text to the various colors, bold, etc once the submit button is pushed.

Your reply is also apropos in this regard. I expressed a weakness. You, through your activity, overcame my weakness with your strength. This you did through grace! This is how it should always work in the Body of Messiah! The weaker we are, the more help we have made available to us until we are made strong.

Thanks, Spying
        The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Working...
        X