Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Request for Spying

Hello everyone,

It's Sunday evening, and I wanted to write all of you and ask for your prayers for my Dad.

My mom took him to the ER tonight because he has had pain and swelling in his leg for the past two weeks, and today the swelling was getting worse.

He is suspected to have a blood clot, and was admitted into the hospital this evening. They have him on an IV (for pain med's and blood thinners), and tomorrow a test will confirm whether or not he does indeed have a blood clot.

My two older sisters are both nurses, and one of them works at the hospital that he is at, so he will be well monitored.

I'm not sure how long he will be in the hospital, but if anyone would like to post something to him, I will print it and take it to him.

I will keep you all posted, and will let you know when his diagnosis is confirmed.

I thank you for any prayers you have to offer.

Rovivrus2
    What do you know that you don't know? I know that I don't know what my views will necessarily be in the future.

He is in our prayers.

Hi Amy,

We are very concerned, and Allen is in our prayers, as you all are. If there is anything we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Uncle Ken
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
    Abstain from meats offered to idols
    (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
    So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Comment

ImAHebrew, (And everyone else)

Thanks for your prayers.

The doctors are still not positive of a diagnosis. They were unable to detect a blood clot in his leg, but explained that it could have been there and moved. Often times blood clots travel to other parts of the body, where they are more serious--such as a person's lungs. So he had a lung scan done yesterday, along with some other tests involving his leg and knee. We are waiting to hear the results today. I should recieve a call this morning, and will keep you all posted.

He is doing ok, other than the fact that he has to stay in bed, and keep his legs elevated. So I imagine his is quite bored! They are still giving him blood thinners, and pain meds. He is very anxious to find out what is wrong.

Also, I know you are wondering, as we were--but his heart is good. He had an EKG done, and there are no reported problems with his heart.

I'll write again when I know more.

Rovivrus2
      What do you know that you don't know? I know that I don't know what my views will necessarily be in the future.

Comment

Thank You!

Hi Amy (Ammi) and Ken,

Thank you for your expressions of concern and thank you, Everyone, for your prayers. I am ok, but after being testing from toe to shoulder, no one is certain why my right leg is swelling. I have an appointment with my regular doctor today. He is an Egyptian. Perhaps, I shall learn from him. I will relate more on the Power Thread. Again, thank you for your prayers on my behalf.

Sincerely, Allen
        The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Check side effects.

...Spying, are you on a new blood pressure medicine? It's just a possibility that I want to check out. I recently suffered a swollen right leg for several months, due to the side effects of a new blood pressure medicine. It {swelling up tightly like a balloon} is a side effect of a certain class of such pills. It seems unlikely that your doctor wouldn't catch this side effect if he's any good at all. {but mine did!} The medicine doesn't effect everybody in the same way. Most people have no side effects from these BP pills. If you recently were prescribed a new pill coinciding with your swollen right leg, {many different BP pills have this side effect} then you will need to quit taking the pill that is responsible and switch to another one. It takes about a week for all signs of the side effects to stop. If you wake up without the swelling in the morning, but it {your right leg} balloons out shortly after you get up, then this is a real possibility. My swollen leg was doctor created and it only effected the right leg. The swelling caused by these pills is rather scary, but harmless as far as I know. It's just something you must check out due to the envolvement with the right leg.

....Michael

Comment

Prayer for Spying

Beloved in the Lord, Spying, God is good and gracious and we thank Him for sustaining you during this time.

I do hope that your Egyptian doctor will view the many causes of your health problems. We do thank God daily for His helping and hearing of our prayers. I recently read an article that spoke about how we praise and thank God for the success/goodnesses/healings etc. in our life. The writer wanted us to be aware of also thanking God for the thorns in our life. The thorns give us more insight into the will of God for us and the thorns reveal our weaknesses, guilts, and reasons we fail Him.

Someone else once said, "...disease is nothing more that dis-ease within the body." That truly makes sense to me. Almost everytime I am sick the thorns of my life let me see the real
            dis-ease within the spiritual/emotional/physical sphere of myself.

I do hope and pray also, that you beloved wife is doing better and is more at peace with her dis-ease.

Blessings

Be still...i am
            For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Comment

Physical Hurts; Spiritual Lessons!

Hi Thummim and Be Still...I AM,

Thank you for your expressions of concern, your prayers, your comments, and your inquiries! You have convinced me to speak here instead of going to "Power".

Ok, let's talk turkey! This is what I have said about disease and illness:
              The physical disease or injury that you experience in life either yourself or through you loved ones is there for a reason. It is there to teach you a spiritual lesson. The physical is a mirror image of the spiritual.
              What is good for the goose is also good for the turkey, and in my case, the turkey leg.

I am right handed so my right leg is the real source of my strength in the physical. I have a powerful right leg because I have been overweight almost all of my adult life, and I have almost always worked very hard physically with my body. There is no harder physical labor than concrete flatwork. I suppose that may be a biased statement, but it arises from actually doing the work around all the other construction trades. My mother told me that picking cotton was very hard. I have never picked cotton so I don't know how that activity would relate to concrete flatwork. So, there may be many tasks in life more difficult than concrete flatwork. I have only experienced construction and sales, and this is the perspective from which I am speaking.

If you all would see me, you would immediately surmise that I cannot work effectively or efficiently because I am too fat! After this leg problem, I am not inclined to argue with anyone concerning any such observations.

I have taken blood pressure medicine for years so I don't think that it is the cause of my leg swelling. I think that I worked my body too strenuously coming back from the lay off of the feast hoping to make money in the good weather of October. I have done nothing physical for over a week now, and my leg feels and looks much better. I am afraid after this incident that I no longer have the strength, or perhaps even the desire, to work in construction. My Egyptian Doctor told me not to avoid physical work and/or exercise due to the problem with my leg. He also told me to lose weight! What does fat symbolize in the spiritual?

So, what is the spiritual lesson, I am to learn? Any ideas or guesses?

Sincerely, Spying

P.S. What an opportunity this would be for William! Lady Lucy, you are missing a golden opportunity!
              The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Skinny spirits?

...Spying, I can't ask you to quit taking your blood pressure medicine. It would be a very bad suggestion. Have your doctor switch your BP medicine with one that doesn't have swelling as a side effect. {Is the swelling baloon like?} As the time that you take the BP medicine lengthens, its effects and effectiveness may change. Right leg swelling is pulminary, if not accident related. Us fat folk need to be aware of our BP and the effects of our pills. {Yeah, me too!} Ain't it great that YHWH loves fat folk. It made me a convert.

....Michael

Comment

Lessons

Dad,

Interesting that you brought up the topic of your weight. I was trying to think of what it meant for the spiritual, and I’m not really sure of an answer. But I will tell you something that always amazed me about you. For as long as I have observed the way that you live your life, I have seen that you follow the commandments and the Holy Days. Not only do you follow them, but you do it so intensely. In other words, you never cheat. And as far as I know, this is not difficult for you to do. It comes naturally. The sacrifices that you have been willing to make throughout your life in order to serve God have been at times, unbelievable to me. You just simply do without this or do without that, no “if’s, and, or buts” about it. In regards to your weight, I have seen you struggle physically, and emotionally with it. I’ve always wondered why you do not apply the same philosophy to yourself and your physical body, that you apply to your spiritual life. (Now, please remember, I do not pretend to know what it is like to be overweight. At this age of 26 I weigh in at a rather sad weight of 112 pounds. I’m just trying to draw some connections for you.)

I think that you focus, daily, so intensely on our spiritual selves and beings, that the physical tends to become meaningless to you. I understand that, I guess.

But who is under the body suit that you carry around all the time? You must teach that person within about all of the spiritual power that he can possess. So that when you expose him, he is as strong as you are. Does that make sense to you?

As I just read back over this, I realized something about myself. I am really good at giving things up--cold turkey. I know where I learned that! When I quite smoking over three ago, I did it rather easily. I have also recently given up alcohol. Not that I abused it, but I just want my body to feel it’s best all the time, and when I drank, I never felt good the next day. I don’t have time to not feel good with this schedule I am juggling. I also recently have begun to give up caffeine. I am also becoming financially responsible, and I have given up fast food. Now where did I get the strength to be so self-motivated? My friends ask, how do you just do without, so easily? Hmmmm… Interesting…

Anyway, Dad, here are some solution-oriented questions to provoke thought.

1. When was the last time you remember being happy with your body? What was that like?
                  2. When was the last time you remember being a healthy weight? What was that like?
                  3. When you were my age, how did you remain so thin?
                  4. During the times that you have lost weight, throughout the years, how did you do it?
                  5. Did you like yourself when you were thin? Why or why not?

You don’t have to write these answers back, just explore them amongst yourself.

Love Always,
                  Rovivrus2

Comment

Self Employed

Hi Rovivus,

Thank you for your comments, observations, and inquiries, and I do thank our ELOHIM for your experiences in overcoming.

It is commanded that a man must work to provide for his daily bread as well as for the bread of his family:
                    Exod 20:9
                    9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (KJV)
                    Messiah has commanded:
                    John 6:27
                    27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath ELOHIM the Father sealed. (KJV)
                    Here is our work standard:
                    Matt 6:31-33
                    31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
                    32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
                    33 But seek ye first the kingdom of ELOHIM, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (KJV)
                    Does anyone like to work for nothing? Have you ever had a job which paid you absolutely nothing? Working for the physical is working for nothing? I suppose this is why everyone works so hard for a spiritual reward!

Everyone, and I mean everyone, works for a spiritual reward, and we all get paid our just wage:
                    John 8:34-35
                    34 Yahushua answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
                    35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. (KJV)
                    Sin is our able work, and most of us have worked rather hard at sinning, and as a result, death is our reward, our wage, which we all must receive and eat for our service:
                    Rom 6:23
                    23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of ELOHIM is eternal life through Yahushua Messiah our ADONAI. (KJV)
                    Rovivus, sin is a habit.

Now, what should happen if we should decide to work for a different spiritual reward? What should happen if we should be moved to decide to work for an alternate daily bread? What is the first thing that we must do? We must quit eating sin and death. We must put our fork down while our plate is full, and while this is best accomplished cold turkey, this is easier said than done! Is there withdrawal associated with giving up sin? Do we suffer pain?

Have you ever known anyone who was able to give up sin? Have you ever know anyone who was able to walk away from that table with his plate full? If you were ELOHIM, what would you do to help sinners eat a different food? You yourself presently work with those who have been sexually abused. Can sexual abusers be reformed or transformed? When we look at the totality of our table, what are the chances that we ourselves can be reformed?

Now, if we have to get up and go to work everyday, why not work as hard as we can for food which endureth unto eternal life? What you have been seeing me doing my whole life is learning how to recognize and prepare and eat a different food. Rovivus, righteousness and life are also habits.

I am thinking about your questions. Your questions are just like a job application to me, and you know how much I enjoy being self employed!

Love, Spying

Comment

Dad (Spying)

You asked:

“Does anyone like to work for nothing? Have you ever had a job which paid you absolutely nothing? Working for the physical is working for nothing? I suppose this is why everyone works so hard for a spiritual reward!”

Hmmm..

I think you are aware that my work I do with abused children is a job in which I do not get monetary compensation. I suppose I get paid, in the sense that it counts towards my degree. Nonetheless, there is no pay check at the end of the week. But the rewards are many.

If you believe that working for the physical is working for nothing, than please reconsider. Our spiritual life is impacted by our physical life, and vise versa. To say that one does not have an impact on the other is to say that we are able to live life void of “effects”. Remember, every moment of every day influences us in some way. It adds to us something that was not there in the moment before. Some individuals feel that only some experiences in life impact us, as if other experiences can occur with absolutely no influence whatsoever. Logically, that does not make sense.

I’m wondering, do you believe that improving the state of your physical body will have no influence on your spiritual life? I think that the scriptures are saying that a perfect physical body does not yield a perfect spiritual life. That is not to say that a journey of weight loss would not impact you in a spiritual way. Who knows how it would contribute to it? Who knows what lessons and realizations would be born out of doing so.

If we focus solely on the physical, we are avoiding something spiritually. And if we focus solely on the spiritual, we are avoiding something about the physical.

You asked me what I meant in your b-day card about values. The value of a spiritual life, is one example. I’ve got that lesson. If you start focusing on your physical life, I promise I won’t forget that your spiritual life takes precedence. I won’t forget, you won’t forget, and neither will God.

Love,
                      Rovivrus2

Comment

Working For The Spiritual!

Hi Rovivus,

I will reconsider since you did ask that I do so! Allow me to show you what I actually mean by working for the physical. I was just in the hospital. I was visited by many doctors and nurses who were working to make me healthy. That was their sole objective in visiting me. Did I appreciate their efforts? Yes? Did I learn anything by their work? Yes? Did they learn anything from me? Not much, save for the fact that I did not have a blood clot in my body! Did any of us do anything that will matter a hundred years from now? Do you see what I mean about working for the physical?

Now, please consider this! Whenever we read in the New Testament about Yahushua, we discover that he was also a healer:
                        Luke 9:11
                        11 And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto them of the kingdom of ELOHIM, and healed them that had need of healing. (KJV)

Matt 15:30
                        30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Yahushua's feet; and he healed them: (KJV)
                        So, both my doctors and nurses and my Messiah were working to heal the sick. Nonetheless, the work of the former is physical, and the work of the latter is spiritual. Why? Doctors and nurses, regardless of their inner motivation, are working to earn a living. There is nothing wrong about that. It is good to earn a living, but the problem with earning a living is this: We only get to earn a living until we die. This is not so with Messiah.

Messiah healed all that were brought to him in order to fulfill the Law and the Prophets. Messiah was working to accomplish the will of our Heavenly Father and to finish the work of the Father! Now, this work has a lasting impact. It gives Eternal Life to Millions of people. This is the work that I want to be about in this life.

Can this work impact the physical? Yes, it does! Can this work itself be impacted by the physical? Yes, it can! So, what we do in the physical is vitally important as well as what we do with our physical bodies!

Sincerely, Spying

Comment

Working...
                        X