The sadducees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sadducees

Descendants of the Hellenists- those Jews who adapted to greek thought during the greek occupation of Yisrael in the days of Antiochus Epiphanes. Most know the story of hannukah, during then, many jews were influenced by greek philosophy and culture.
    well, the sadducees were the descendants of those Hellenistic jews.

They(tzaddikim)[righteous/just ones] were opposed to the prushim[the seperated ones] and stood for the temple, the preisthood and sacrifices. Many of the High Preists who were tzaddikim, abused their position by extortion;they compeled people to be their business agants, making much money from selling animals for sacrifices, many of which were blemished or stolen.
    they held the aka bet din and appear to have begun around the 2nd century BCE, being appointed by corrupt men into office such as AntiochusIV. They held political power from 2BCE until the destruction of the temple in 70CE
    They drew their support mainly from the aristocratic classes. As they represented the nobility and wealth of the country, their intrests were cheifly political not religious and spiritual for the lives of the people.
    They controlled political sanhedrin-court of law- which ruled Israel under much influence from Rome.
    (more on this later)

They didnt believe in divine origin of oral law, they didnt acknowledge the sages who interpreted Oral law and so made up their opwn opinions on the Torah, believing that every individual can interpret the Torah personally.
    They didnt believe in the ressurection of the dead, immortality of the soul, or in the World to come, nor in spirits or angels.(more on this later)

with the destruction of the temple- there were no need for them to exist as a power- no temple to "RUN". They were useless.
    EL got rid of them!

MTZVA
    Beseder
    ONE G-D, ONE SPIRIT, ONE MESSIAH.
    ONE COMMUNITY/IKKLESIA/K'HILLA, ONE BODY, ONE BRIDE.
    ONE TORAH [MEMRA(audible) and KHOCHMA(written)], ONE MASORAH.

OBEY YE THE SOFRIM (HAKHAMIM) and the PERUSHIM for they are the only ones given right to and power to interpret scripture. DO AS THEY TELL YOU but do not do as the Colored-Rabbis and colored pharisees tell you, for they are Painted!(Matt 23:1-3)

The sadducces and Pharisees

Dear Beloved in the Lord, beseder,

Greetings,

Thank you for your history lesson and for enlightening us and making us see ourselves in the Pharisees and sadducces.

I love history, remember it often, and try to learn from it. You have shared so much with us in these two writings. Praises to God for guiding you to have this knowledge. I wish I had more knowledge as to how to save writings on this site. Everything I try to save something it disappears. That in itself, should show me i am unworthy.

Please keep sharing God's revelations and Israel's history with us.

Blessings,

Be still...i am
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Comment

toda, toda!

Thank you much dear friend
      it is a blessing to have read your words on both posts, you have a great love within you.
      and I wish to share in it with you and all who seek Hashem.
      You have a beautiful heart, may Hashem work in it- as he is doing already.

Thank you for your love

ani ohev at achi
      MTVA
      ONE G-D, ONE SPIRIT, ONE MESSIAH.
      ONE COMMUNITY/IKKLESIA/K'HILLA, ONE BODY, ONE BRIDE.
      ONE TORAH [MEMRA(audible) and KHOCHMA(written)], ONE MASORAH.

OBEY YE THE SOFRIM (HAKHAMIM) and the PERUSHIM for they are the only ones given right to and power to interpret scripture. DO AS THEY TELL YOU but do not do as the Colored-Rabbis and colored pharisees tell you, for they are Painted!(Matt 23:1-3)

Comment

Working...
      X