Where does Isaiah talk about Rome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Isaiah talk about Rome?

...Where in the later Isaiah (Isa. 41 - 66) does Isaiah talk about Rome? There are many references that Isaiah makes to his people re-populating the desolate land of Israel. There are references to Cyrus and Babylon. There are also, very many references to YHWH redeeming his people, him stating that he has delivered his people from their captivity. There are references to a time of peace existing for his people. All of these things seem to infer the time of the ending of exile, in Babylon, or the calling out of the nations, of Israel, from the ends of the earth. Isa 53 fits between leaving Babylon (Isa. 52: 11) and the re-population of the desolate cities of Israel. (Isa. 54: 3) But where is Rome?

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: (**by his knowledge**) shall (**my righteous servant {justify} --> {Tzadek, "make righteous"} many**); for he shall bear their iniquities. Isa. 53: 11

Isa. 53: 11 overlaps such verses of text as these;

Isa. 44: 22

22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Isa. 45: 17

17 But Israel shall be saved in YHWH with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Isa. 45: 24, 25

24 Surely, shall one say, in YHWH have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25 In YHWH shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Isa. 46: 13

13 I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Isa. 50: 8, 9

8 He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me.

9 Behold, Adonai Elohenu will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.

Isa. 51: 6

6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.

Isa. 54: 17

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of YHWH, and their righteousness is of me, saith YHWH.

Isa. 60: 21

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

Isa. 61: 3, 4

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of YHWH, that he might be glorified.

4 And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.

Isa. 61: 10

10 I will greatly rejoice in YHWH, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

...But all of these verses show YHWH covering his people with righteousness, and redeeming them with the ending of their exile.

How does anyone bring the time of Rome out of these verses?

...Are we free to give Rome only one chapter of text {Isa. 53} in these words of Isaiah's?

....Michael
Working...
X