The FALSE Lunar Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eliyah View Post
    Ken, ye are the one accusing Troy Miller and NOT I, and as Troy Miller was pointing out from Hutton Webster's written quote that the Hebrews did observe a LUNAR WEEK as Hutton Webster wrote, but I guess that quote of Hutton Webster does not matter to you does it.

I told you the change took place from 321-325 by the Romans, and in the time of Hillel 2 359 the Jews were forced by Rome to adopt the new solar only seven day week.

However, here below is another writer that writes the truth about the history of not only the ROMAN WEEK, but also of the Hebrew's LUNAR WEEK, and this person is pointing out that Daniel's seventy weeks prophecy timeline can only be understood correctly when LUNAR WEEKS by the moon are used, because the Hebrews used a lunar week, and the scriptures do prove this too.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/70wks5.htm

Now, I asked you, why do ye and Spying only observe parts of the 1st and 7th lunar month, and NEVER observe any of the other 12 and 13th lunar months used in the scriptures?
    Eliyahu, let's address your first sentence above. Show me where Hutton Webster has a written quote that the Hebrews DID observe a LUNAR WEEK. You see, right now, you are being either deceptive, or you do not comprehend very well what you read, or you are just being gullible by what Troy Miller SUGGESTS. Please address this before I delve into your next several sentences. Ken
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
    Abstain from meats offered to idols
    (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
    So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Comment

• Originally posted by ImAHebrew View Post
      Eliyahu, let's address your first sentence above. Show me where Hutton Webster has a written quote that the Hebrews DID observe a LUNAR WEEK. You see, right now, you are being either deceptive, or you do not comprehend very well what you read, or you are just being gullible by what Troy Miller SUGGESTS. Please address this before I delve into your next several sentences. Ken
      Ken, Shabbat shalom to the Sabbath breaker as Spying says..

Every time I show you the truth of history ye claim that I'm being deceptive or that I can't comprehend what I'm reading, well, I'm a lot higher educated than a mere high school boy.

Show me where Hutton Webster has a written quote that the Hebrews DID observe a LUNAR WEEK.
      See and read under his title The HEBREW SABBATH, pages 254-255:
      But the problem is SIMPLIFIED IF WE HOLD that the Hebrews employed LUNAR SEVEN DAY WEEKS, perhaps for several centuries preceding the exile; weeks, that is, which ended with special observances on the seventh day but non the less were tied to the moon's course.
      See here: https://books.google.com/books?id=1h...0weeks&f=false

Ken, ye really need to read his entire book, because he proves that ALL Semite peoples observed lunar weeks.
      A bit of revelation for ye.

Messiah is the I AM He YAH of Scriptures, and He says so in John 8:58, and they would NOT believe Him either, will ye believe Him, and Messiah said to them- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM HE/YAH, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24; See also Exodus 3:13-15.

By His name YAH . Psalms 68:4 N.K.J.V

Comment

• Eliyahu, we have been through this many times. The Day of Atonement Sabbath breaks the commandment to work six days, and IF it can, why can't the special Sabbaths that fall on the various Feast days ALSO do the same. Your argument is null and void! Ken
        Really? And which days 1-14 does your Saturday fall in the 7th lunar month?

Messiah is the I AM He YAH of Scriptures, and He says so in John 8:58, and they would NOT believe Him either, will ye believe Him, and Messiah said to them- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM HE/YAH, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24; See also Exodus 3:13-15.

Comment

• And Ken,

Webster has more interesting words written on Page 243.speaking of the astrological or planetary seven day week.

In the second place SATURN'S DAY BEGAN THE PLANETARY WEEK, while the Jewish Sabbath was regarded as the last day of the seven, a suitable position for a rest day.
          See here: https://books.google.com/books?id=1h...Saturn&f=false

He is talking about Saturn's day Saturday that began or was THE FIRST DAY OF THE PLANETARY WEEK compared to the Hebrews Sabbath as being on the seventh day of their week.

Here BELOW is a picture of the PLANETARY seven day week, and Saturn's day Saturday was originally the FIRST(1st day) of the planetary week, and not the seventh..

This artifact was discovered in the ruins of the Trajan’s Baths, an elaborate bathing complex located on the Oppian Hill in Rome. This public facility was constructed in 79-81 A.D. and operated into the early 5th century.

The tablet was mounted in the wall and is identified as a parapegma or a stick calendar. It features pegs which are moved from day to day and month to month. The holes of the month are located on the left and right margins. The holes for the twelve sun signs are found around the zodiac circle. And from Mount Olympus the seven gods are looking down. From left to right, they are: Saturn, the Sun, the Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus. And beneath each god is its very own hole for a movable peg. The presence of the holes near the twelve signs of the Zodiac and the thirty days of the month mean that the holes beneath of the seven gods represent the seven days of the week.
          Please see here: https://dayology.com/2017/03/24/the-...ths-parapegma/

Comment

• Ken, I wonder will ye believe Rabbi Louis Finklestein, that the present Jewish calendar was fixed in the 4th century.

Rabbi Louis Finklestein: The present Jewish calendar was fixed in the fourth century
            Take your pick here: https://www.google.com/search?ei=uts...=1579277468617

Comment

• Here is another interesting website: Jewish Writings PROVE Lunar Sabbaths.

The Sabbath, as marking the end of the week, reveals its lunar origin; the phases of the moon having taught the shepherds, whose weal or wo depended so largely upon the benevolence or malevolence of the night season, to divide the period elapsing between two new moons into four equal groups (weeks), the last day of each—in imitation of the moon's coming to rest, as it were—becoming the day of rest. Indications are not wanting that at first the New Moon festival was not counted among the seven days of the week; but after 7✗4 (=28) days had elapsed, one or two days were intercalated as New Moon days, whereupon a new cycle of four weeks began, so that the Sabbath was a movable festival. Later the week and the Sabbath became fixed; and this gradually resulted in taking away from the New Moon festival its popular importance.
              -Classification of Feastivals
              (2) Those connected with the moon: (a) Sabbath;
              http://www.exposingtheenemy.com/what...lunar-sabbaths

I must admit, some of these websites have went much farther than I originally did in proving the 4 consecutive weeks in a lunar month in history and the scriptures, at least people are waking up to these facts.

Comment

Ken, Shabbat shalom to the Sabbath breaker as Spying says..

Every time I show you the truth of history ye claim that I'm being deceptive or that I can't comprehend what I'm reading, well, I'm a lot higher educated than a mere high school boy.

See and read under his title The HEBREW SABBATH, pages 254-255: See here: https://books.google.com/books?id=1h...0weeks&f=false

Ken, ye really need to read his entire book, because he proves that ALL Semite peoples observed lunar weeks.
                Eliyahu, taking a "quote" out of context is not proper. I gave the FULL text of Hutton's quote in Post #209, and you should go back and read it. I will give a brief summary of the WHOLE quote:

Hutton gives a comparison between the Babylonian and Hebrew weeks, and the Babylonian cycle appeared to be associated with the moon, but with the Hebrew week, it was not, as it was a PERIODIC week, with the Sabbath FIXED on ONE day of the PERIODIC week, the seventh day or LAST day of the week. The FIXING of ONE day of the week as the Sabbath was a momentous implementation attributed the the Hebrew people ALONE. That being said, a scholar by the name of Meinhold argued that originally, the Hebrews had no weeks at all until after they came out of Babylon in Ezekiel's time frame. This is WHEN Meinhold thought that the Hebrew Sabbath became the LAST day of the PERIODIC week, but CRITICS point out that for NOTHING to be RECORDED in history, for such a momentous change to have taken place, his idea is unlikely. So this is where Hutton SUGGESTS a possible explanation for the CHANGE of the Hebrew Sabbath to a FIXED day of a PERIODIC week by "holding" or "suggesting" that the Hebrews MAY have had lunar seven-day week cycles several hundred years PRIOR to the Babylonian exile. He states that the CHANGE from the lunar cycle to the FIXED, PERIODIC week cycle for the seventh day, would not have been so abrupt, IF they HAD been using the lunar cycle BEFORE the Babylonian exile, but he DOESN'T say they were.
                So Eliyahu, there is absolutely no way Hutton was saying the Hebrews DID employ a lunar sabbath, but IF they HAD, it would have made Meinhold's theory more plausible. That whole quote from Hutton is declaring that the Hebrew's seventh day Sabbath was DISCONNECTED or UNCONNECTED with/from the lunar cycle:

"The change from such cycles (the lunar seven-day week cycles) to those unconnected with the lunation would not have involved so abrupt and sudden a departure from the previous system of time reckoning as that from a bipartite division of the lunar month to a week which ran continuously through the months and the years."

It is false to claim that Hutton was declaring the Hebrews kept or had a lunar sabbath, it is just the opposite, he is claiming they had a seventh day of the week Sabbath that was unconnected to or with the moon/lunation. So your's and Troy Miller's claim that Hutton said the Hebrews DID employ a lunar sabbath is false. It is NOT there in the CONTEXT of Hutton's quote, PERIOD. Ken
                Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
                (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).

Comment

Eliyahu, taking a "quote" out of context is not proper. I gave the FULL text of Hutton's quote in Post #209, and you should go back and read it. I will give a brief summary of the WHOLE quote:

So Eliyahu, there is absolutely no way Hutton was saying the Hebrews DID employ a lunar sabbath, but IF they HAD, it would have made Meinhold's theory more plausible. That whole quote from Hutton is declaring that the Hebrew's seventh day Sabbath was DISCONNECTED or UNCONNECTED with/from the lunar cycle:

"The change from such cycles (the lunar seven-day week cycles) to those unconnected with the lunation would not have involved so abrupt and sudden a departure from the previous system of time reckoning as that from a bipartite division of the lunar month to a week which ran continuously through the months and the years."

It is false to claim that Hutton was declaring the Hebrews kept or had a lunar sabbath, it is just the opposite, he is claiming they had a seventh day of the week Sabbath that was unconnected to or with the moon/lunation. So your's and Troy Miller's claim that Hutton said the Hebrews DID employ a lunar sabbath is false. It is NOT there in the CONTEXT of Hutton's quote, PERIOD. Ken
                  Ken, no, you want accept any historical evidence proving these facts, and I can give many more, however, ye can't let go of a lie to keep your own traditions of the world.

Hutton Webster's quote that I gave ABOVE proves the Hebrews were observing a lunar seven day week, and this did not change until the Jewish calendar was FIXED by Hillel 2 in the 4th century, and there are many historical writers proving this fact, and as I have shown ABOVE Rome's seven day planetary week that is in use today began with Saturday as being the first day of the planetary week.

So todays planetary seven day week is NOT the Biblical week, and it certainly has not cycled since Creation either, it began with Constantine in AD 321, and during the time of Messiah Rome was using an eight (8) day week, and we know that Messiah would NEVER observed Rome's 8 day week.

And ye should tell us HOW ye fit 5 solar planetary weeks in from one New Moon till the next New Moon of a 30 day month as Yah said in Isaiah 66:23?

Comment

Ken, I wonder will ye believe Rabbi Louis Finklestein, that the present Jewish calendar was fixed in the 4th century.

Take your pick here: https://www.google.com/search?ei=uts...=1579277468617
                    Eliyahu, be honest, what was FIXED in the 4th century was a CALCULATED new moon, or do you have written text which states that the seventh day Sabbath was fixed to the week INSTEAD of the moon? You act like the Sabbath was CHANGED from a lunar sabbath to the weekly Sabbath in the 4th century, and NOTHING is written about that change, nothing at all. Ken

Comment

Eliyahu, be honest, what was FIXED in the 4th century was a CALCULATED new moon, or do you have written text which states that the seventh day Sabbath was fixed to the week INSTEAD of the moon? You act like the Sabbath was CHANGED from a lunar sabbath to the weekly Sabbath in the 4th century, and NOTHING is written about that change, nothing at all. Ken
                      Ken, the Jewish people were forced by a Roman Edict to adopt a solar week instead of a lunar week, and we know from Jewish writers such as Philo that a lunar week was being observed in the 1st century.

Comment

Ken, no, you want accept any historical evidence proving these facts, and I can give many more, however, ye can't let go of a lie to keep your own traditions of the world.

Hutton Webster's quote that I gave ABOVE proves the Hebrews were observing a lunar seven day week, and this did not change until the Jewish calendar was FIXED by Hillel 2 in the 4th century, and there are many historical writers proving this fact, and as I have shown ABOVE Rome's seven day planetary week that is in use today began with Saturday as being the first day of the planetary week.

So todays planetary seven day week is NOT the Biblical week, and it certainly has not cycled since Creation either, it began with Constantine in AD 321, and during the time of Messiah Rome was using an eight (8) day week, and we know that Messiah would NEVER observed Rome's 8 day week.

And ye should tell us HOW ye fit 5 solar planetary weeks in from one New Moon till the next New Moon of a 30 day month as Yah said in Isaiah 66:23?
                        Eliyahu, no, you do not understand what Hutton Webster wrote, just like you do not understand the Apostle Paul or Yeshua's OWN words. Plus, Hillel II did NOT change the calendar from a lunar sabbath to the present day weekly seventh day Sabbath. That is all in your OWN imagination also. Hillel II changed the method of establishing the month from witnesses sighting the moon, to a calculated new moon. Please, help us out. Show us ONE word of historical evidence that states Hillel II was changing from a lunar sabbath to a weekly Sabbath. You can't, and you want (I mean you won't). Ken

Comment

Eliyahu, no, you do not understand what Hutton Webster wrote, just like you do not understand the Apostle Paul or Yeshua's OWN words. Plus, Hillel II did NOT change the calendar from a lunar sabbath to the present day weekly seventh day Sabbath. That is all in your OWN imagination also. Hillel II changed the method of establishing the month from witnesses sighting the moon, to a calculated new moon. Please, help us out. Show us ONE word of historical evidence that states Hillel II was changing from a lunar sabbath to a weekly Sabbath. You can't, and you want (I mean you won't). Ken
                          Yea right Ken, ye don't want to accept the fact that lunar weeks are used in the scriptures as all early Jewish writers tell us, and ye excuses of falsely accusing me does not help ye case any either, L.O.L.

Comment

• Topic: The 1st And 7th Moons Of The Religious Year.

Hi EliYah,
                            Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

Shabbat Shalom to the Sabbath Day Breaker!

You have asked the Tzaddikim concerning our present practice of only physically observing two moons, the moon of the first moon and the moon of the 7th moon. Some of us do still physically sight many of the new moons of the remaining moons, but we no longer gather together each new moon as a church group as it was our habit to do for years in the past.

When I myself took my family and left A Church of God over the molestation issue, we had no choice but to attend a split of the Worldwide Church of God. Back then as far as I am aware, all the splits followed the calculated Jewish calendar in establishing the annual Sabbaths. Accordingly, my family abandoned keeping the Holy Days according to visually sighting the New Moons, and we followed the practice of whatever split we became associated with. Right now, A Church of God, whose Elder is ImAHebrew, still establishes the Holy Days or annual Sabbaths through physically sighting the New Moons. This practice always requires two witnesses. No one individual can establish a New Moon by himself or herself.

Even so, after my divorce, I was forced by my belief in LIFE NOW to remain apart from A Church of God and from any of the splits of the former Worldwide Church of God. For various reasons, I remain today apart from any assembly on the weekly Sabbath Day. So, my experiences concerning holy convocations have been rather diverse over the years, but I do look forward to the Day in which the people of ELOHIM will all teach and practice the same thing through Messiah Yahushua.

Hope that this answer will be sufficient for you, I am,
                            Sincerely, Latuwr
                            The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spying View Post
                              Topic: The 1st And 7th Moons Of The Religious Year.

Hi EliYah,
                              Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

Shabbat Shalom to the Sabbath Day Breaker!

You have asked the Tzaddikim concerning our present practice of only physically observing two moons, the moon of the first moon and the moon of the 7th moon. Some of us do still physically sight many of the new moons of the remaining moons, but we no longer gather together each new moon as a church group as it was our habit to do for years in the past.

When I myself took my family and left A Church of God over the molestation issue, we had no choice but to attend a split of the Worldwide Church of God. Back then as far as I am aware, all the splits followed the calculated Jewish calendar in establishing the annual Sabbaths. Accordingly, my family abandoned keeping the Holy Days according to visually sighting the New Moons, and we followed the practice of whatever split we became associated with. Right now, A Church of God, whose Elder is ImAHebrew, still establishes the Holy Days or annual Sabbaths through physically sighting the New Moons. This practice always requires two witnesses. No one individual can establish a New Moon by himself or herself.

Even so, after my divorce, I was forced by my belief in LIFE NOW to remain apart from A Church of God and from any of the splits of the former Worldwide Church of God. For various reasons, I remain today apart from any assembly on the weekly Sabbath Day. So, my experiences concerning holy convocations have been rather diverse over the years, but I do look forward to the Day in which the people of ELOHIM will all teach and practice the same thing through Messiah Yahushua.
                              Hope that this answer will be sufficient for you, I am,
                              Sincerely, Latuwr
                              Spying, I don't condemn ye for not following ALL of Yah's commanded days of His years in the scriptures, but one day ye will have to realize, that there is NO WAY to fit Rome's 5 solar planetary weeks in from one New Moon till the next New Moon of a 30 day month as Yah said in Isaiah 66:23, because there are only 4 consecutive weeks from one new moon to the next new moon.

PS: I do too, and some day all of Yah's people will, but as for me and my house, we will serve and obey Yah as He wrote through Moshe and His prophets, as it's time to remember the old paths to dwell in.

Comment

Yea right Ken, ye don't want to accept the fact that lunar weeks are used in the scriptures as all early Jewish writers tell us, and ye excuses of falsely accusing me does not help ye case any either, L.O.L.
                                Eliyahu, it appears your laughter is a condition caused by a neurological condition (Pseudobulbar affect), so I will just ignore it. Your acceptance of the false lunar sabbath also speaks of your neurological condition to go down "conspiracy theory" rabbit holes (flat earth, fake moon landing, 9/11 an "inside job," etc). So truthful, very logical and honest approaches to your false beliefs do not work. Hutton Webster is just ONE of the many blindness's that you have. Hutton CLEARLY stated that the Jewish/Hebrew Sabbath was NOT based upon lunation, but rather a PERIODIC week, and you can delusionally deny this, and laugh about it all you want, but the TRUTH will not change. Hutton also CLEARLY stated that the Hebrew/Jewish Sabbath and Saturn's day (Saturday) corresponded to each other:

Hutton's statement:
                                It was not until the first century of our era when the planetary week had become an established institution that the Jewish Sabbath seems always to have corresponded to Saturn's Day.
                                So, we have CONFLICTING statements from various scholars, and ONE that you should pay close attention to is Josephus. Here are some of the statements that Josephus made:

Of the War - Book I
                                And as the siege was delayed by this means, the year of rest came on, upon which the Jews rest every seventh year, as they do on every seventh day.
                                Hmm? I wonder if the Jews have YEARS they don't count for the rest/Sabbath of EVERY seventh year, like lunar sabbatarians do in not COUNTING EVERY seventh day in THEIR lunar month (they have to skip a few days here and there to make it all work out)?

Of the War - Book II
                                Now the next day (the 15th of Av) was the festival of Xylophory, upon which the custom was for every one to bring wood for the altar
                                Hmm? Josephus claims that on THIS festival of Xylophory, everyone would BRING WOOD for the altar. Hmm? I wonder IF this was a Sabbath day (the 15th day of the month)???

Of the War - Book II
                                While they (the Jews) had themselves lost a few only, but had slain of the Romans five thousand and three hundred footmen, and three hundred and eighty horsemen. This defeat happened on the eighth day of the month Dius, [Marhesvan], in the twelfth year of the reign of Nero.
                                Hmm? Jews fighting on the 8th day of the month. Hmm, is that something they would have done on the Sabbath?

Of the War - Book IV
                                Yet he said, that Titus ought to have such regard to the Jewish law, as to grant them leave to celebrate that day, which was the seventh day of the week, on which it was unlawful not only to remove their arms, but even to treat of peace also; and that even the Romans were not ignorant how the period of the seventh day was among them a cessation from all labours;
                                Hmm? Even the ROMANS were not ignorant concerning the Jews seventh day of the WEEK. Were the Romans grasping a LUNAR seven day week or a SOLAR seven day week? Hmm, I really doubt that the ROMANS were keeping track of a LUNAR seven day week as the lunar sabbatarians would think!!

Of the War - Book VII
                                He then saw a river, as he went along, of such a nature as deserves to be recorded in history. It runs in the middle between Arcea, belonging to Agrippa’s Kingdom, and Raphanea. It hath somewhat very peculiar in it. For when it runs, its current is strong, and has plenty of water. After which its springs fail for six days together, and leave its chanel dry, as any one may see. After which days it runs on the seventh day as it did before, and as though it had undergone no change at all: it hath also been observed to keep this order perpetually, and exactly. Whence it is that they call it the sabbatick river: (8) that name being taken from the sacred seventh day among the Jews.
                                Hmm? A river that stops running for six days, but THEN on the seventh day, it runs as it did before, and that this CYCLE/ORDER is perpetual and exactly, just like the sacred seventh day of the Jews. Hmm, nothing about a lunar seventh day sabbath that has all those "extra" days that are not EXACTLY and PERPETUAL each month??

I could go on and on here Eliyahu with examples from "early" Jewish writers that show YOUR lunar sabbath to be fictitious, but I will stop here. There really is nothing that YOU can present that will show YOUR lunar sabbath to be nothing other than the fictitious LIE that it is. Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X