The FALSE Lunar Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ImAHebrew View Post
    Shalom Everyone, as I have started this rebuke of Troy Miller's testimony in the above post, I would like to continue addressing his second segment, "2. Scripture proves that saturday is not the Sabbath."

As I did above in the first segment, I took the main theme of what he said, and I challenged his "premise" that ONLY the Moon regulates or establishes the "appointed times," and I will do the same with this segment. In this second segment, his main theme is that the word "Saturday" comes paganism. This is true. Does this mean that the Sabbath cannot fall on this day? He goes to great lengths to show how this "Saturday" is Saturn's Day or in other words Satan's Day. Now, the question to Troy is WHEN did Israel START to keep THEIR weekly 7th Day Sabbath on Saturday, the way they do today, and fall away from his lunar sabbath, the one that he keeps? You know, one of the authors he espouses and quotes from, "Hutton Webster" has the following to say about how the Jews kept their Sabbath on Saturn's Day, and this was from historical writings as early as 19 BC.

From Hutton Webster's "Rest Days" Pages 244-245 Troy's premise that the use of Saturn's day being associated with the 7th Day weekly Sabbath, would render it to be a counterfeit of his true lunar sabbath, and IF that is the case, WHEN was this counterfeit put into place? It is obvious that if the above quote from one of his esteemed authors is correct, then the Jewish Sabbath was associated with Saturn's day at the time of Yeshua, so again, WHEN did this counterfeit begin?

Also, it should be noted that the Hebrews did not NAME the days of the week, they were only numbered as does Troy acknowledge. His complaint is the fact that the "pagan" names for the days of the week show us that Saturday is NOT the proper 7th Day of the week Sabbath, but, he needs to address the fact that the Hebrews did not NAME the months of the year, and that the names for the months came out of paganism (from the Canaanites and the Babylonians). So should he dismantle his lunar sabbath based upon those months being named from paganism, instead of them just being numbered? He needs to be consistent and actually quote Scriptures that PROVE Saturday is NOT the Sabbath. More to come, Yehovah willing. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew.
    Ken, the counterfeit began under Hillel 2 for the Jews under the Roman Empire by force as I have shown in the thread that you LOCKED UP BY FORCE, because the planetary week began with Constantine around AD 321, AFTER Yah Messiah's time.

What ye need to prove in the scriptures is your so called uninterrupted seven day cycle that is in use today, and I will be the first to tell ye, that no such thing exists in the scriptures, because the New Moon Day=1st day of each lunar month interrupts the 4 week cycle of each lunar month, and the lunar weeks begin anew every month.

Neither Moses, nor Yah Messiah NEVER observed the planetary week in use today.

The historical proof is in this thread below that was LOCKED UP BY FORCE.

https://www.lo-ammi.org/forum/main/l...s-genesis-1-14
    A bit of revelation for ye.

Messiah is the I AM He YAH of Scriptures, and He says so in John 8:58, and they would NOT believe Him either, will ye believe Him, and Messiah said to them- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM HE/YAH, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24; See also Exodus 3:13-15.

By His name YAH . Psalms 68:4 N.K.J.V

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliyah View Post
      Ken, the counterfeit began under Hillel 2 for the Jews under the Roman Empire by force as I have shown in the thread that you LOCKED UP BY FORCE, because the planetary week began with Constantine around AD 321, AFTER Yah Messiah's time.

What ye need to prove in the scriptures is your so called uninterrupted seven day cycle that is in use today, and I will be the first to tell ye, that no such thing exists in the scriptures, because the New Moon Day=1st day of each lunar month interrupts the 4 week cycle of each lunar month, and the lunar weeks begin anew every month.

Neither Moses, nor Yah Messiah NEVER observed the planetary week in use today.

The historical proof is in this thread below that was LOCKED UP BY FORCE.

https://www.lo-ammi.org/forum/main/l...s-genesis-1-14
      Eliyahu, you have had YOUR opportunity. Hillel II's time was around 320 ad and that does not account for Troy's esteemed Hutton Webster's very clear statement that Saturday (Saturn's day) was the Jewish Sabbath at the time of Yeshua. Ken
      Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
      Abstain from meats offered to idols
      (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
      So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Comment

Eliyahu, you have had YOUR opportunity. Hillel II's time was around 320 ad and that does not account for Troy's esteemed Hutton Webster's very clear statement that Saturday (Saturn's day) was the Jewish Sabbath at the time of Yeshua. Ken
        No Ken, ye locked up my opportunities on my thread, and where does Troy say or write this?

Messiah is the I AM He YAH of Scriptures, and He says so in John 8:58, and they would NOT believe Him either, will ye believe Him, and Messiah said to them- I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I AM HE/YAH, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24; See also Exodus 3:13-15.

Comment

• And Ken, maybe ye can tell us all WHY ye do not observe ALL of the lunar months of the scriptures, instead of ONLY 2, the 1st and 7th month?

Comment

No Ken, ye locked up my opportunities on my thread, and where does Troy say or write this?
            Eliyahu, you will have to search Troy's 20 page "EvidenceInMiniature" doc. He is very FOND of Hutton Webster, as long as Hutton agrees with him. When Hutton states very clearly that the Jewish Sabbath was on Saturn's Day, I suppose he and YOU would disagree with Hutton. How about that? You only want to quote from sources that AGREE with YOUR bias and very slanted view. Why is that? Ken

Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
            (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).

Comment

• There is also a wealth of info. here about the origins of the modern seven day planetary week.

8 Days a Week? Julian Calendar History

https://www.worldslastchance.com/yah...r-history.html

Comment

Eliyahu, you will have to search Troy's 20 page "EvidenceInMiniature" doc. He is very FOND of Hutton Webster, as long as Hutton agrees with him. When Hutton states very clearly that the Jewish Sabbath was on Saturn's Day, I suppose he and YOU would disagree with Hutton. How about that? You only want to quote from sources that AGREE with YOUR bias and very slanted view. Why is that? Ken
                Ken, please give me the address where I can read this for myself from Hutton Webster?

Comment

• And Ken, this is about the same as I asked you on my thread of WHERE IS THE ADDRESS where I could read of Nehemia Gordon on the name, and ye NEVER did give me an address of him either.

Comment

There is also a wealth of info. here about the origins of the modern seven day planetary week.

8 Days a Week? Julian Calendar History

https://www.worldslastchance.com/yah...r-history.html
                    Eliyahu, this site makes the same ERROR as does Troy Miller. The Moon is NOT the ONLY "Light" in the firmament of the heaven that is for SIGNS and SEASONS. The SUN also regulates and establishes "appointed times" (seasons-moed), as the SUN knows "his going down." The GOING down of the Sun regulates and establishes the Sabbath, and ONLY the SUN knows this, NOT the Moon. Ken

Comment

Ken, please give me the address where I can read this for myself from Hutton Webster?
                      Eliyahu, it can be found at this link: https://books.google.com/books?id=1h...q=Rome&f=false
                      Ken

Comment

Eliyahu, it can be found at this link: https://books.google.com/books?id=1h...q=Rome&f=false
                        Ken
                        Ken, I still cannot see where Hutton Webster wrote this, which PAGE IS IT WRITTEN ON?

Comment

• Ken, when you find the CHAPTER NUMBER and PAGE NUMBER that he wrote this, please tell me, I want to read it word for word too.

Comment

Eliyahu, this site makes the same ERROR as does Troy Miller. The Moon is NOT the ONLY "Light" in the firmament of the heaven that is for SIGNS and SEASONS. The SUN also regulates and establishes "appointed times" (seasons-moed), as the SUN knows "his going down." The GOING down of the Sun regulates and establishes the Sabbath, and ONLY the SUN knows this, NOT the Moon. Ken

Ken,

He appointed the moon for MOEDIM: the sun knoweth his going down.Psalms 104:19

http://www.blbclassic.org/search/tra...the+moon&t=KJV

Ye can't go outside and LOOK at the SUN to tell ye the NUMBER of the day of the week and month, but the moon does in the scriptures period.

PS: Ken, when you find the CHAPTER NUMBER and PAGE NUMBER that he Hutton Webster wrote this, please tell me, I want to read it word for word too.

Comment

Ken,

He appointed the moon for MOEDIM: the sun knoweth his going down.Psalms 104:19

http://www.blbclassic.org/search/tra...the+moon&t=KJV

Ye can't go outside and LOOK at the SUN to tell ye the NUMBER of the day of the week and month, but the moon does in the scriptures period.

PS: Ken, when you find the CHAPTER NUMBER and PAGE NUMBER that he Hutton Webster wrote this, please tell me, I want to read it word for word too.
                              Eliyahu, on the previous page (13) in post 195, you will find the quote with the pages listed, but I will repost it here:

From Hutton Webster's "Rest Days" Pages 244-245
                              The association of the Sabbath Day with Saturday probably one reason why Saturn, a planet in Babylonian astrological schemes regarded as beneficent rather than malefic, should have come to assume in late classical times the role of an unlucky star (sidus tristissimun, stella iniquissima). The oldest reference to Saturday is found in a verse by the poet Tibullus (dated 19 BC), who apparently identifies Saturn's Day with the supposed inauspicious Jewish Sabbath, when he gives as one of his excuses for not quitting Rome the bad omens which detained him on the "sacred day of Saturn." Ovid mentions "foreign Sabbaths" along with the anniversary of the day of the battle of the Allia - dits Alliensis - as unlucky occasions. Frontinus, a Roman military officer and tactician (dated about 103 ad), says that Vespasian defeated the Jews by attacking them on Saturn's Day, when it was unlawful for them to do anything. Dio Cassius also speaks of the Jews having dedicated to their god the day called the day of Saturn "on which among many other most peculiar actions they undertake no serious occupation."
                              Now, here is the kicker. Troy Miller mis-uses a quote from Hutton Webster in claiming that Hutton is honest enough to admit that Israel did not observe a solar only calendar like the one we have today, when he quotes from page 254 of the "Rest Days" book. I will first post the quote as given by Troy, and then I will post the complete quote:

Troy's quote:
                              “…The [early] Hebrews employed lunar seven-day weeks…which ended with special observances on the seventh day but none the less were tied to the moon’s course.” Hutton Webster, in his book, Rest Days, page 254.
                              The complete quote starting in the middle of page 253. I have highlighted in blue Troy's selected cut, and I have added bold and red to parts you should pay close attention to, and I have added in (green) comments:
                              The Hebrew seven day week, ending with the Sabbath, presented so obvious a resemblance to the Babylonian septenary (a group or set of seven things) period which closed with an "evil day," that scholars have felt themselves to seek its origin in Babylonia. The two institutions, nevertheless, show important differences. The Babylonian cycle, as far as we know, was never employed as a chronological unit; the Hebrew week was a true civil week, a definite and well-understood period of time. The Babylonian cycle seems not to have been dissociated from the lunation; the Hebrew week a periodic week running unfettered from month to month and from year to year. The Babylonian "evil day" was an unnamed unlucky day, observed by the king, by priests, and by physicians, but not certainly by the people at large; the Hebrew Sabbath was a named holy day, dedicated to the worship of the national god and kept by the entire community as a festival. These real divergencies make it certain that the Hebrew week and Sabbath, in the form in which we know them, could not have been taken over without change from Babylonia. The celebration of new moon and full moon festivals, which both Babylonians and Hebrews appear to have derived from a common Semitic antiquity, underwent, in fact, a radically unlike evolution among the two kindred peoples. To dissever the week from the lunar month, to employ it as a recognized calendrical unit, and to fix upon one day of that week for the exercises of religion were momentous innovations, which until evidence to the contrary is found, must be attributed to the Hebrew people alone.

In his able treatise, Meinhold has argued that until the age of Ezekiel, the Hebrews employed no weeks at all. He then supposes that continuous seven-day weeks were introduced, largely through Ezekiel's reforming influence, and hence that the Sabbath as the last day of the periodic week was a post-Exilic institution. Critics have pointed out that it is highly improbable that so far-reaching a change should have occurred without being recorded; moreover, that the acceptance of such a hypothesis makes it necessary to assume that all places in the Old Testament where the Sabbath is mentioned as the seventh day are either of Ezekiel's time or later. But the problem is simplified if we hold that the Hebrews employed lunar seven-day weeks, perhaps for several centuries preceding the Exile; weeks, that is, which ended with special observances on the seventh day but none the less were tied to the moon's course. The change from such cycles to those unconnected with the lunation would not have involved so abrupt and sudden a departure from the previous system of time reckoning as that from a bipartite division of the lunar month to a week which ran continuously through the months and the years.
                              Eliyahu, do you "see" what Troy has done? He tried to make it look like Hutton Webster, as an "honest" scholar, was admitting that Israel did not observe a solar only calendar like the one we have today, and that is NOT at all what Hutton Webster was doing. Hutton very clearly showed a totally different scenario. He was explaining how scholars felt the origin of the Hebrew "weekly" Sabbath was from Babylonia. He then states that as far as they know, Babylon never employed a "chronological unit," but that the Hebrews did, and that the Babylonians were not "dissociated" from the lunation, but the Hebrews were. It can ONLY be attributed to the Hebrew people that their Sabbath was a RECOGNIZED CALENDRICAL UNIT, DISSERVED from the lunar month, and FIXED upon ONE day of a WEEK. Hutton then moves to explain a solution to what Meinhold has argued, and that is where Troy mis-uses Hutton's explanation. Hutton suggests that the Hebrews, may have for several centuries, PRECEDING the Babylonian Exile, employed lunar seven-day weeks...which ended with special observances on the seventh day but none the less were tied to the moon's course. Then Hutton explains that a CHANGE from the lunar cycle to the WEEKLY cycle would not have been as abrupt, IF the Hebrews HAD been using the moon to regulate the Sabbath PRIOR to the Babylonian Exile. That is ALL he is saying. He is not saying that it was his honest belief that Israel WAS using a lunar cycle to establish the Sabbath, on the contrary, he is saying the exact opposite. So it appears that Troy is the dishonest one here, not Hutton. Ken

Comment

Eliyahu, on the previous page (13) in post 195, you will find the quote with the pages listed, but I will repost it here:

From Hutton Webster's "Rest Days" Pages 244-245
                                Now, here is the kicker. Troy Miller mis-uses a quote from Hutton Webster in claiming that Hutton is honest enough to admit that Israel did not observe a solar only calendar like the one we have today, when he quotes from page 254 of the "Rest Days" book. I will first post the quote as given by Troy, and then I will post the complete quote:

Troy's quote:

The complete quote starting in the middle of page 253. I have highlighted in blue Troy's selected cut, and I have added bold and red to parts you should pay close attention to, and I have added in (green) comments: Eliyahu, do you "see" what Troy has done? He tried to make it look like Hutton Webster, as an "honest" scholar, was admitting that Israel did not observe a solar only calendar like the one we have today, and that is NOT at all what Hutton Webster was doing. Hutton very clearly showed a totally different scenario. He was explaining how scholars felt the origin of the Hebrew "weekly" Sabbath was from Babylonia. He then states that as far as they know, Babylon never employed a "chronological unit," but that the Hebrews did, and that the Babylonians were not "dissociated" from the lunation, but the Hebrews were. It can ONLY be attributed to the Hebrew people that their Sabbath was a RECOGNIZED CALENDRICAL UNIT, DISSERVED from the lunar month, and FIXED upon ONE day of a WEEK. Hutton then moves to explain a solution to what Meinhold has argued, and that is where Troy mis-uses Hutton's explanation. Hutton suggests that the Hebrews, may have for several centuries, PRECEDING the Babylonian Exile, employed lunar seven-day weeks...which ended with special observances on the seventh day but none the less were tied to the moon's course. Then Hutton explains that a CHANGE from the lunar cycle to the WEEKLY cycle would not have been as abrupt, IF the Hebrews HAD been using the moon to regulate the Sabbath PRIOR to the Babylonian Exile. That is ALL he is saying. He is not saying that it was his honest belief that Israel WAS using a lunar cycle to establish the Sabbath, on the contrary, he is saying the exact opposite. So it appears that Troy is the dishonest one here, not Hutton. Ken
                                Well Ken, I can't speak for Troy Miller, but the quote above in blue by Hutton Webster is true, and the change over from using the moon took place AFTER Yah Messiah time, and this quote BELOW will prove that it happened by force of the Roman Emperor during Hillel 2 in AD 359, and OH, I put this information in my CREATED THREAD THAT YOU LOCKED UP too.

He is traditionally regarded as the creator of the modern fixed Jewish calendar. This tradition first appears in a responsum of R. Hai Gaon (written in 992[3]) cited by R. Abraham bar Hiyya in his Sefer Ha'ibbur (written in 1123).[4] The citation explicitly refers to the year that this event happened, 670 of the Seleucid era, which corresponds to 358/9 CE.

However, a number of documents have been found that indicate the calendar was not fully fixed in Hillel's time; most famously a letter found in Cairo Geniza (from the year 835/6) indicates that the holidays were observed on different dates from those predicted by the current calendar.[3][5] The calendar did not reach its exact modern form until at least the years 922-924.[6] According to modern scholar Sacha Stern, Hai Gaon only attributed the establishment of a 19-year cycle, and not other details of the calendar, to Hillel.[3]

The fixed calendar was of great benefit to Jews of his and subsequent generations. The Jewish calendar is lunisolar. That is, its months are synchronized with the phases of the moon, but its average year length approximates the mean length of a solar year. The Sanhedrin declared new months based on observations of the new moon, and added a 13th lunar month to certain years to ensure that holidays would continue to fall in the same seasons of the solar year. But Constantius II, following the precedents of Hadrian, prohibited the holding of such meetings as well as the vending of articles for distinctly Jewish purposes. The worldwide Jewish community depended on the calendar sanctioned by the Judean Sanhedrin to observe Jewish holidays on the correct dates. However, danger threatened the participants in that sanction and the messengers who communicated their decisions to distant congregations. Temporarily, to relieve the foreign congregations, Huna ben Abin once advised Rava not to wait for the official intercalation: When you are convinced that the winter quarter will extend beyond the sixteenth day of Nisan declare the year a leap year, and do not hesitate.[7] But as the religious persecutions continued, Hillel decided to provide an authorized calendar for all time to come, though by doing so he severed the ties which united the Jews of the diaspora to their mother country and to the patriarchate.
                                See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_II

And this same information was also put in Yah's Calendar In The Heavens that ye locked up, and I might add, that Spying IGNORED all of this historical info. and tried to turn the discussion into a personal issue to smoke screen, and I constantly asked him to show us in the pictorial calendar below of which days of the month the Saturday's will fall in a lunar month.

N.M..1st 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

And does ye and Spying EVER observe any of the other lunar months in scriptures besides the 1st and 7th month, and do ye ever observe a 13th lunar month?

Comment

Working...
                                X