• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucySmith View Post
    PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WHY you think THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT
    kEN VERSION WAS SO STUFFED.
    oh dear.~~~~please your turn
    You too Lucy? I'll start with I've been in a plane. And done experiments. I've been north and south of the equator, and looked through telescopes. Check out the moon. Holy cow. Swe an eclipse,. Or Saturn, or the moons of Jupiter. This stuff will .. well, it's freaking cool. If yoy think you're nothing now, just wait. Pale blue dot ain't nothing!
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Comment

Should change my footer:

Eureka (Greek: Εύρηκα) is an interjection used to celebrate a discovery or invention. It is a transliteration of an exclamation attributed to Ancient Greek mathematician and inventor

Discovering that you don't know, is the greatest discoveery. Usually done on accident. But being curiuous, iss not.
      The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Comment

yes i too have been in planes my son is a pilot

Originally posted by Edmund Dantes View Post
        You too Lucy? I'll start with I've been in a plane. And done experiments. I've been north and south of the equator, and looked through telescopes. Check out the moon. Holy cow. Swe an eclipse,. Or Saturn, or the moons of Jupiter. This stuff will .. well, it's freaking cool. If yoy think you're nothing now, just wait. Pale blue dot ain't nothing!
        yep just a blue ball.

Comment

Welcome Edmund Dantes

Elijah,

I'm not trying to be insuleting, really, flat?

I think Ken's explanation is terrible, 3rd party resource? Not evidence.

Please explain, in your own words, not a video, how the days get shorter in the summer and longer in the winter? Generally curious. The experiment in can do with a basketball and a flashlight explains it to me. I don't understand that would work with a flat earth.

I can shown how venus moves in front of the sun, or mars retrogrades in the sky in a desk, but not how it works with a flat earth. Archimedes could do it. As far as I'm aware, flat earth was never a thing until people wanted to explain Columbia's reason for going to India. Which was not proving the earth was found. Math seems to do that.

Autocorrect sucks, ignore it.
          Shalom Edmund Dantes, welcome to this discussion, we normally do not have many courageous people like you that would step upon the battle field. I, like you, find that the physical evidence proves beyond any shadow (no pun intended) of a doubt that the earth is a sphere, not a flat disc. I also did extensive research into the arguments of both sides of this coin, and found the more logical and physics side of the coin easily wins out, but that was to no avail with Eliyahu, he demands that a long list of irrelevant and misunderstood Scriptures indicate a "flat" earth. It won't be long where he will try to get you to listen to Rob Skiba and Dr. Michael Heiser, and as I showed him, Rob Skiba's video has been debunked...it was very simple to do.

So, I did use YOUR kind of evidence, to no avail with Eliyahu, and this is why I started this thread using my daughters and son-in-laws testimony. You also probably didn't grasp the significance of my son-in-law. He's a Mechanical Engineer with a Masters degree, an F15-E WSO, a graduate of Test Pilot's School, and was almost selected as one of the youngest candidates to become an Astronaut last year. At Test Pilot's School he developed the "Simulated Programmable Aircraft-Embedded Jammer" (SPACE JAM) that utilizes an algorithm that injects realistic GPS jamming effects directly into an aircraft's navigation system. So he is very qualified to speak on this topic. And concerning my daughter, she has a double major (biology and chemistry), and she did meet both Neil Armstrong and James Lovell. If her testimony about what Jim Lovell said concerning his thumb covering the earth should not be considered, then maybe you will allow this Newsweek article to be entered into as evidence:

http://www.newsweek.com/earth-behind-mans-thumb-96783

Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
          Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
          Abstain from meats offered to idols
          (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
          So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Comment

I though you agreed with Eliyahu?

yep just a blue ball.
            Lucy, I thought you agreed with Eliyahu? The moon is not a "ball," but rather a "flat disc," like the earth, according to Eliyahu. Are you changing your mind? Ken
            Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
            (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).

Comment

Originally posted by ImAHebrew View Post
              Shalom Edmund Dantes, welcome to this discussion, we normally do not have many courageous people like you that would step upon the battle field. I, like you, find that the physical evidence proves beyond any shadow (no pun intended) of a doubt that the earth is a sphere, not a flat disc. I also did extensive research into the arguments of both sides of this coin, and found the more logical and physics side of the coin easily wins out, but that was to no avail with Eliyahu, he demands that a long list of irrelevant and misunderstood Scriptures indicate a "flat" earth. It won't be long where he will try to get you to listen to Rob Skiba and Dr. Michael Heiser, and as I showed him, Rob Skiba's video has been debunked...it was very simple to do.

So, I did use YOUR kind of evidence, to no avail with Eliyahu, and this is why I started this thread using my daughters and son-in-laws testimony. You also probably didn't grasp the significance of my son-in-law. He's a Mechanical Engineer with a Masters degree, an F15-E WSO, a graduate of Test Pilot's School, and was almost selected as one of the youngest candidates to become an Astronaut last year. At Test Pilot's School he developed the "Simulated Programmable Aircraft-Embedded Jammer" (SPACE JAM) that utilizes an algorithm that injects realistic GPS jamming effects directly into an aircraft's navigation system. So he is very qualified to speak on this topic. And concerning my daughter, she has a double major (biology and chemistry), and she did meet both Neil Armstrong and James Lovell. If her testimony about what Jim Lovell said concerning his thumb covering the earth should not be considered, then maybe you will allow this Newsweek article to be entered into as evidence:

http://www.newsweek.com/earth-behind-mans-thumb-96783

Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
              Testimony is not needed is my point. Any can say anything. We used to say something falls faster if it's heavy. You can say it all you want, doesn't change the fact. So it is with testifying it's true. So what. Prove it.

I get with Elijah he's only going to accept it if he goes to the moon. Then even he'll have an excuse why it's not round. Maybe Australia, then he could see the moon upside down.

Comment

show me the post where i agreed with Elijah

Originally posted by ImAHebrew View Post
                Lucy, I thought you agreed with Eliyahu? The moon is not a "ball," but rather a "flat disc," like the earth, according to Eliyahu. Are you changing your mind? Ken
                i never would agree with such a notion

Comment

you hit the nail on the head Edmund

Testimony is not needed is my point. Any can say anything. We used to say something falls faster if it's heavy. You can say it all you want, doesn't change the fact. So it is with testifying it's true. So what. Prove it.

I get with Elijah he's only going to accept it if he goes to the moon. Then even he'll have an excuse why it's not round. Maybe Australia, then he could see the moon upside down.

Any can say anything and believe anything

Comment

I said I "thought" you agreed with him.

i never would agree with such a notion
                    Lucy, I said I "thought" you agreed with him. It's been your MO to support Eliyahu when you see him and me in disagreement, so I just "thought" you would agree with his "flat earth" theory, because we completely disagree about this. Ken

Comment

Ken, do you know any ways you can tell the earth is round without having to go up in a shuttle, or aircraft? They're quite facinating.

Comment

If you're up for humor

https://youtu.be/6c6qEmIX-8s

Comment

Great Video

If you're up for humor

https://youtu.be/6c6qEmIX-8s
                          Shalom Edmund, great video. And yes, I did present multiple examples to prove the earth is not flat. I think a lunar eclipse is one of the best. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken

Comment

I wish I could play devils advocate, can't do it. This kills me. As a society, we are severely lacking in education. I'm not smart, but there are plenty of people that'll fool me into thinking so.

Comment

Was this meant for me?

I wish I could play devils advocate, can't do it. This kills me. As a society, we are severely lacking in education. I'm not smart, but there are plenty of people that'll fool me into thinking so.
                              Shalom Edmund, was this post meant for me? It would help if you would give a salutation to whoever you are addressing, and then a proper response can be given back. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.

Comment

Ken, will do. I was replying with a quote earlier, but just makes the thread long. It was for you, but more just tsmbings. I'm finding all kinds of interesting thing on this subject. Still can't believe people are buying it. So far however, most that do are quoting the bible. Ouch. I hate it when a few ruin things for everybody. Imagine a kids first intrigued by a religious guy who tells them the earth is flat. Run! Banjos start playing, it's a mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X