Flat Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Earth

Shabbat Shalom Everyone, today IS the 50th day in the counting for Pentecost, so happy Shavuot to all.

I am starting this thread because of a conversation I had with my daughter and son-in-law. I told them that I was debating with some misguided folks who believe in a "flat earth," and was wondering if they could assist me with some logical arguments. My son-in-law, who was apparently the unlucky #13 of the 18,300 applicants aspiring to become one of the 12 Astronaunts that were selected to be part of the NASA space program last year, said that all someone would have to do was strap themselves into a rocket, and be shot far enough up into space, and THEN they would "see" with their own eyes that the earth is not flat. He mentioned a "flat earther" was trying to do just that in defending the theory that earth is flat. He said this person built his own rocket and has launched it, but did not go high enough (only 1875'), because to fully prove or disprove, he would have had to go up to about 68 miles from the earth:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/26/...memade-rocket/

My son-in-law also made the point that IF the earth is flat, there would have to be a massive conspiracy with 1000's upon 1000's of scientists and engineers who have worked in the space program. He said, "Why would they all be conspiring to do this, what would their motivation be?"

Then, my daughter tells me, "Dad, I have personally met Neil Armstrong and shaken his hand." (This was before Neil Armstrong died in 2012, and he was the FIRST man to walk on the moon) And she also met James Lovell and repeated something he said (paraphrased), "When I looked out the window and saw our small earth from the moon, I reached out my arm and stuck up my thumb and my thumb covered the whole earth, and I thought to myself, everything I love and have on the earth is hidden behind my thumb." You see, my daughter's point is WHY would these men who she has met be lying to her about what they have seen and done? I thought that was pretty good logic and reasoning.

So, those who believe in the "flat earth" theory, need to strap themselves INTO a rocket and go up at least 68 miles and THEN they will KNOW what the Astronauts and every reasonable thinking person knows. The earth is NOT flat. Blessings in The Name, ImAHebrew/Ken.
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
    Abstain from meats offered to idols
    (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
    So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.

Physical and Spiritual Reality!

Hi Everyone,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

Happy High Holy Sabbath Day to One and All!

I make this post to verify that ImAHebrew's Son-in-Law is a real person. I value all my nephew-in-laws and my son-in-laws. I do also value my nieces and nephews. None of them save for the daughter of Hyssop has until now made the commitment to follow our practice concerning the Law. Just yesterday, my nephew, the Son of Roger, informed me that it was his intention to now remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. I am so thankful to my Messiah Yahushua for his conversion and repentance.

I do know that my nephew-in-law, ImaHebrew's Son-in-Law. is a very credible person. His background is not that of a pilot; eventhough, he is a graduate of the test pilot school. My nephew is an expert in defensive and offensive weaponry concerning our best planes. I remember recently asking him concerning his present duties. He informed me that he could not give me any information concerning his present duties. I then asked him if he enjoyed what he was now doing. He replied that he was absolutely delighted concerning what he was going.

I just want to say that my nephew-in-law and my niece are real people with very real experiences way beyond the pseudo experiences of the flat earth society fostered by the aggressive and pseudo experiences of the conspiratorial believers like EliYah and company. EliYah and company have never met a conspiracy which they do not espouse which goes alone with their linear interpretation of the scriptures. Therefore, they to their discredit deny both physical and spiritual reality!

Thanking anyone in advance that should be moved to reply, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spying View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!

Happy High Holy Sabbath Day to One and All!

I make this post to verify that ImAHebrew's Son-in-Law is a real person. I value all my nephew-in-laws and my son-in-laws. I do also value my nieces and nephews. None of them save for the daughter of Hyssop has until now made the commitment to follow our practice concerning the Law. Just yesterday, my nephew, the Son of Roger, informed me that it was his intention to now remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy. I am so thankful to my Messiah Yahushua for his conversion and repentance.

I do know that my nephew-in-law, ImaHebrew's Son-in-Law. is a very credible person. His background is not that of a pilot; eventhough, he is a graduate of the test pilot school. My nephew is an expert in defensive and offensive weaponry concerning our best planes. I remember recently asking him concerning his present duties. He informed me that he could not give me any information concerning his present duties. I then asked him if he enjoyed what he was now doing. He replied that he was absolutely delighted concerning what he was going.

I just want to say that my nephew-in-law and my niece are real people with very real experiences way beyond the pseudo experiences of the flat earth society fostered by the aggressive and pseudo experiences of the conspiratorial believers like EliYah and company. EliYah and company have never met a conspiracy which they do not espouse which goes alone with their linear interpretation of the scriptures. Therefore, they to their discredit deny both physical and spiritual reality!

Thanking anyone in advance that should be moved to reply, I am,
      Sincerely, Latuwr
      Spying,

And please show me where I ever said that, I interpreted the scriptures, and suppose you also tell us how a conspiracy so big, that the devil can deceive the whole world into worshipping him Rev.13, and to even fight Messiah at His return??

Comment

Originally posted by Eliyah View Post
        Spying,

And please show me where I ever said that, I interpreted the scriptures, and suppose you also tell us how a conspiracy so big, that the devil can deceive the whole world into worshipping him Rev.13, and to even fight Messiah at His return??
        It looks as if that you have been watching too much TV of Sean Hannity or Chris Matthews, 2 Irish Roman Catholics that label people as "Conspiracy Theorists" who do not believe their lies, and you talk about a "FISH" when you swallow their lies hook, line, and sinker.

Sean Hannity see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Hannity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Pi...atory_Seminary

Chris Matthews See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Matthews

Comment

archimedes

Elijah,

I'm not trying to be insuleting, really, flat?

I think Ken's explanation is terrible, 3rd party resource? Not evidence.

Please explain, in your own words, not a video, how the days get shorter in the summer and longer in the winter? Generally curious. The experiment in can do with a basketball and a flashlight explains it to me. I don't understand that would work with a flat earth.

I can shown how venus moves in front of the sun, or mars retrogrades in the sky in a desk, but not how it works with a flat earth. Archimedes could do it. As far as I'm aware, flat earth was never a thing until people wanted to explain Columbia's reason for going to India. Which was not proving the earth was found. Math seems to do that.

Autocorrect sucks, ignore it.
          The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmund Dantes View Post
            Elijah,

I'm not trying to be insuleting, really, flat?

I think Ken's explanation is terrible, 3rd party resource? Not evidence.

Please explain, in your own words, not a video, how the days get shorter in the summer and longer in the winter? Generally curious. The experiment in can do with a basketball and a flashlight explains it to me. I don't understand that would work with a flat earth.

I can shown how venus moves in front of the sun, or mars retrogrades in the sky in a desk, but not how it works with a flat earth. Archimedes could do it. As far as I'm aware, flat earth was never a thing until people wanted to explain Columbia's reason for going to India. Which was not proving the earth was found. Math seems to do that.

Autocorrect sucks, ignore it.
            Edmund,

It's simple, according to the scriptures, the sun moves across the earth.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Edmund,

Tell us: Do you believe the scriptures or not?

Comment

Edmund,

You're using a computer, based on time kerping, based on Galelio.time zones because of trains. We couldn't communicate without the knowledge that the sun sets later in the East. Later is relative to your position of course.

I won't be straw manned. Explain it, the physics, in your own words. Otherwise you're Lucy. (No offense Lucy)
                The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

Comment

Edmund, I asked you a question.

Comment

Tell me what it has to do with physics, and I'll answer.

Comment

Edmund, I asked you a question, and I never said it had to do with physics.

Comment

Mine was first, be a gentlemen. Assume I say either, explain the physics. My answer has nothing to do with physics, my opinion is not relevant.

Otherwise I assume you cannot, and just lay down the king.

Comment

Originally posted by Edmund Dantes View Post
                          Mine was first, be a gentlemen. Assume I say either, explain the physics. My answer has nothing to do with physics, my opinion is not relevant.

Otherwise I assume you cannot, and just lay down the king.
                          What's wrong Edmund, playing the Pharisee, and can't answer the question?

Comment

What's wrong Edmund, playing the Pharisee, and can't answer the question?
                            I do and I don't. Whachyou got? It doesn't matter. Out of your realm.

Comment

Edmund,

You any relation to Spying, Allen Brown?

Comment

Working...
                              X