Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Scriptures Teach Of Good Works??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does The Scriptures Teach Of Good Works??

Does The Scriptures Teach Of Good Works??

Many in religion think that after justification by Elohim that only faith is taught in the scriptures, and good works is thrown out the window so to speak, and those who believe in both are often accused of salvation by works, however, no amount of good works can save anyone, only Messiah can save us from our sins.

Then on the other hand there are those who believe in one or the other, and each side will cite either Paul or James for their arguments, however, they fail to discern that Paul is speaking of before being justified, and James is speaking of after being justified, however, both Paul and James does in fact teach of both.

First, we will get Messiah Yah-Shua's say so on the matter of faith and good works.

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of Elohim? Yah-Shua answered and said unto them, This is the work of Elohim, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. John 6:29-30.

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man/person according to his/their works. Matthew 16:27.

and then he shall reward every man/person according to his/their works.

Messiah speaks of the Pharisees:

The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not (do good works).

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
    Matthew 23:2-5.

They did not do good works pleasing to Elohim, they did works to be seen of people, and for their own selfish reasons.

Messiah tells His apostles and us:

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16.

To be resumed Yah willing.

oh Elijah how i love ''good works''

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16.
    amen
    u know Elijah i do believe our good works is our example of Living in Christ,
    i love them and try to do this each day.

I have 30 casual staff and i employ each one as Father sends me... i never say NO.... to those who wish to work for me.
    why?
    because no matter who they are or what they are like, Father has sent them to me to CARE AND SHARE the gospel to them by my example....
    i dont preach to them, HMM... maybe a small word here or there = sure= but on the whole i love to live by HIS EXAMPLE OF CARE AND SHARE.

NOT 1 PERSON under my charge goes without.
    so Elijah, thanks for this opportunity to talk about good works. amen BRING IT ON~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by LucySmith View Post
      amen
      u know Elijah i do believe our good works is our example of Living in Christ,
      i love them and try to do this each day.

I have 30 casual staff and i employ each one as Father sends me... i never say NO.... to those who wish to work for me.
      why?
      because no matter who they are or what they are like, Father has sent them to me to CARE AND SHARE the gospel to them by my example....
      i dont preach to them, HMM... maybe a small word here or there = sure= but on the whole i love to live by HIS EXAMPLE OF CARE AND SHARE.

NOT 1 PERSON under my charge goes without.
      so Elijah, thanks for this opportunity to talk about good works. amen BRING IT ON~~~~~
      Lucy,

I very well understand, I too at one time employed 3 crew of men.

Comment

Working...
      X