The Gifts Of Elohim's Grace.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gifts Of Elohim's Grace.

First of all, I do NOT want this thread turned into a Paul bashing thread, and none topic related posts either, as to cloud up this subject from its purpose.

Second, if you do not like Paul or Moses, or any of the prophets in the Hebrew old testament scriptures, and their writings, then please do not post, because this thread does include their writings, and no person is being forced to respond either. If you do not respect this simple request, you will not receive any respect in return.

Third, I would also ask that you study this article with an open mind, and compare all the scriptures given, and please read all the scriptures given carefully. Also, this article is presented in the English scriptural texts, unless otherwise noted.

This is a very vast subject, I will do my best to present the scriptures subject matter in a simple format, and so the common person can understand it, although, it still may be difficult for some to understand, and receive its meaning, so you may have to read over this more than once.

However, as this unfolds, you will see, that by or through the Gift of Elohim Grace, is the gift of Elohim's righteousness, the Gift of Elohim's Holy Spirit, are all woven together.

Is Elohim's Holy Spirit The Same As Elohim's spirit in man?

And the LORD H3068 God H430 formed H3335 man H120 of the dust H6083 of H4480 the ground, H127 and breathed H5301 into his nostrils H639 the breath H5397 of life; H2416 and man H120 became a living H2416 soul. H5315 Gen.2:7.

The Spirit H7307 of God H410 hath made H6213 me, and the breath H5397 of the Almighty H7706 hath given me life. H2421 Job 33:4.

Now let's look at scriptures that show this difference.

And Moses went out, and told the people the words of the LORD, and gathered the seventy men of the elders of the people, and set them round about the tabernacle. And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him (Moses), and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them! Numbers 11:25-29.

It is obvious these seventy men in whom was already the spirit in man, received of Yahweh's Holy Spirit from which Moses had, and they prophesied.

The same was done to Joshua in Numbers 27:18.

But the Spirit H7307 of the LORD H3068 came H3847 upon Gideon, H1439 and he blew H8628 a trumpet; H7782 and Abiezer H44 was gathered H2199 after H310 him. Judges 6:34.

There are so many of these texts you can see here: http://www.blbclassic.org/search/tra...a=spirit&t=KJV

Now let's look in the new testament.

For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. John 3:34.

And G2532 so G3779 it is written, G1125 The first G4413 man G444 Adam G76 was made G1096 G1519 a living G2198 soul; G5590 the last G2078 Adam G76 was made G1519 a quickening G2227 spirit. G4151 1 Cor.15:45.

Still think they are the same? I think not.

To be continued.

You Have The Floor!

Hi EliYah,
    Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
    You asked in your post # 1036 on another thread:

PS: Spying, have you turned your house into a soapbox??

Absolutely, why would I now say that the soapbox is now yours if I did not desire that you present your views?

https://www.google.com/search?q=soap...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Why do you continue to argue with Lucy instead of presenting your answers to ImAHebrew and myself?

Both ImAHebrew and Myself will respect your wishes on this thread to a point. Should Lucy post to this thread, I will delete her posts, that is, as long as your continue to answer the questions that we both have asked of you, and as long as you yourself feel the need to reply to the questions that we have asked of you. Please do not take any offence should we point out to you that you have not adequately addressed our previous questions to you on your other thread.

Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
    Sincerely, Latuwr

P.S. EliYah, on this thread you have the floor until we decide that you are misusing the gift of the soapbox!
    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Are you getting impatient Spying?

Originally posted by Spying View Post
      Hi EliYah,
      You asked in your post # 1036 on another thread:

PS: Spying, have you turned your house into a soapbox??

Absolutely, why would I now say that the soapbox is now yours if I did not desire that you present your views?Well Spying, you go out somewhere there in MO and buy yourself some soap bubbles, and I will tell you in a minute what you can do with them, and where to go to play with them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=soap...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Why do you continue to argue with Lucy instead of presenting your answers to ImAHebrew and myself?Spying, I do not argue with Lucy, it seems as if she thinks I have something that she does NOT have, and the only thing I have is Yahweh Elohim's scriptural knowledge to give, and IF she does NOT want that, then, maybe you should ask her, why is she always on my thread addressing me by name? Also, I wonder IF you have asked Lucy why she is on my thread arguing over the apostle Paul, and accusing with every breath? Also, I do not see you trying to correct her second hand posts about our brother Paul? Now why is that?

Both ImAHebrew and Myself will respect your wishes on this thread to a point. Should Lucy post to this thread, I will delete her posts, that is, as long as your continue to answer the questions that we both have asked of you, and as long as you yourself feel the need to reply to the questions that we have asked of you. Please do not take any offence should we point out to you that you have not adequately addressed our previous questions to you on your other thread.

Sincerely, Latuwr

P.S. EliYah, on this thread you have the floor until we decide that you are misusing the gift of the soapbox!
      And now, about your soapbox and your soap bubbles, you go find yourself a MO pond, and jump into it with your MO soap bubbles in your hand, and have a good cool off, and just blow your baby soap bubbles into the wind as usual, L.O.L.

PS: Spying, let's not turn this thread into a who said he said, or a she said he said argument, and please, if you want to do that, please go somewhere else, and do it to yourself.

Comment

The Gifts Tied Together.

Is the Holy Spirit a Gift?

Yes indeed, and these texts of scriptures below will prove this.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38.

And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 10:45; See also Acts 8:20-23; Acts 11:17.

Indeed!

Is the Grace and the Righteousness also a Gift of Elohim?

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. Romans 5:17-18.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8-9.

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; Eph. 3:7-8 .

But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Eph.4:7.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17.

As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 1 Peter 4:10.

Absolutely!

Is Eternal Life a Gift of Elohim?

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23.

However, we only receive an earnest of these gifts, and spiritual obedience after the gifts are given, does indeed strengthen the inner man, and is indeed required, Yahweh will not give these Gifts to those who do not repent and obey Him.

I'm tired I need to give my mind a rest, I've been up all night and all day.

More to come Yahweh willing.

Comment

Is Justification of Life freely by Elohim's Grace?

The apostle Peter(Kepha) wrote this below speaking of the manifold (diverse aspects) of the grace of Elohim:

As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of Elohim. 1 Peter 4:10.

But now the righteousness of Elohim without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of Elohim which is by faith of Yah-Shua Messiah unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of Elohim;

(All have sinned/or transgressed the law 1 John 3:4).

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a Elohim of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He. Deuteronomy 32:4.

In YAHWEH shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. Isaiah 45:25.

Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Messiah Yah-Shua: Whom Elohim hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of Elohim; To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Yah-Shua Messiah.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay(No): but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Is he the Elohim of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one Elohim, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? Elohim forbid: yea, we establish the law.

And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Yah-Shua Messiah.) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. Romans 5:16-18.

Indeed!

More to come Yahweh willing.

Comment

Paul wrote:

Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The Jerusalem Council members and Paul had 2 great problems in the first century, there were others infiltrating the assembly of believers, and telling them that justification and righteousness came only by the law, and ignoring Elohim's justification and righteousness through Messiah Yah-Shua as their sacrifice.

People today will pit the apostle Paul's writings against the apostle James Jacob, claiming that Paul and James is teaching against each other, however, this is NOT true at all.

James FIRST speaks of the Righteousness of Elohim James 1:20, and faith James 1:6, obedience to the word in James 1:22-23,, and in James Chapter 2, he is speaking about how Abraham ACTED upon his faith or believing, and Abraham performed by his works or obedience to Elohim James 2:17-24.

Now we know that Paul, Peter and James, does not disagree here, because of this in Acts 15.

And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith...But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11-22.

The apostle Paul and James teaches the exact same thing, compare this above of James to Paul's teaching I gave above.

They do NOT disagree.

Comment

James Jacob upholds the law James 2:8-11, and so does Paul Romans 3:31; Romans 7:7, 14, 22-23; .

Comment

Is A Spirit Flesh And Blood?

Is A Spirit Flesh And Blood?

Messiah told Nicodemus in John 3:1-13:

Yah-Shua answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of Elohim.... Yah-Shua answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of Elohim.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is (a) spirit.

That which is born of the flesh, as a human being is, is flesh and blood, and that which is born of the Spirit is a spirit.

Now Messiah goes on to describe a spirit in John 3:8:

The wind blows where it listeth, and you (can) hear the sound thereof, but can not tell whence it comes, and whither it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

In other words, the wind itself is invisible to the human eye, you can hear its sound, and you know the wind is there, because you can feel it, and see the objects such as the leaves on a tree that the wind moves, you can see its effects, but you cannot see the wind with the human eye, except with a W.V. meter.

Another good example of this is Electricity, and radio signals, that are transmitted by wires, or in the air. You cannot see with the human eye (except with a volt meter or frequency meter) that current or electrons are flowing on a copper wire, however, if you were to touch that "hot wire" you will indeed know the Electricity is there, and this why Electricity is called POWER. (PS: DO NOT DO THIS THOUGH.).

Another example Messiah gives is in Luke 20:34-36; See also Matthew 22:30; Mark 12:25:

And Yah-Shua answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of Elohim, being the children of the resurrection.

Has any human being other than Messiah experienced this fully yet?

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. Col.1:18; See also Rev.1:5.

More to come, Yahweh willing.

Comment

Other Example Of A Spirit Being.

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Lev.17:11.

The life of the flesh is in the blood, and we do indeed know, that Messiah shed His life blood on the cross.

But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. John 19:34.

After Messiah's resurrection we read:

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Yah-Shua and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. John 20:19.

Here the doors were shut, and Messiah just APPEARS or materialized right in their midst.

Another example of this, is in Joshua 5:13-15:

And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

Can you just imagine this in your mind? This Person just suddenly appeared there, and Joshua suddenly looks and sees someone standing beside him, that looks like a man, and has a sword in his hand, and Joshua never knew if this Person was going to be fighting with him, or against him.

Then Joshua said and asked: Are you for us, or are you for our adversaries?

What did this Person say?

And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of YAHWEH am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my lord unto his servant?

And the captain of YAHWEH'S host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou stands is holy. And Joshua did so.

And Joshua did so!

This was the same that was said to Moses in Exodus 3:5 also.

Can a Spirit appear as a man? Absolutely!

Comment

The Spirit In Man Is The Spirit Of YAHWEH ELOHIM!

Hi EliYah,

Shabbat Shalom!

Thank you for having the courage to stand upon the soapbox!

You wrote in your first post on this thread in speaking concerning the spirit in man and the spirit of ELOHIM:

"Still think they are the same? I think not."

Yes, I still think they are the same. Spirit is spirit, EliYah. Now, spirit can be of two kinds: Spirit can be good, and spirit can be evil. YAHWEH ELOHIM has said this about HIS Breath through Moses :

Genesis 2:7
                    7 And YAHWEH ELOHIM formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (H5397) of life; and man became a living soul.

And then YAHWEH ELOHIM says this about both men and animals:

Genesis 6:17
                    17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath (H7307) of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Here is the real issue of the matter. Consider the wording of this scripture:

Genesis 7:22
                    22 All in whose nostrils was the breath (H5397 & H7307) of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

Is is possible that both are really the same if both are used together as in the above scripture?

Since you believe that the spirit in man is something different than the spirit of ELOHIM, then, EliYah, can you please explain to all of us the process whereby you did receive your spirit from YAHWEH ELOHIM so that the scripture may not be broken? How is it, EliYah, that the spirit in man returns to the ELOHIM who gave that spirit if the spirit that within you is not the spirit of ELOHIM?:

Ecclesiates 12:7
                    7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (H7307) shall return unto ELOHIM who gave it.

Sincerely, Latuwr
                    The Currahee Band Of Brothers Are Beginning To Arise In The HOLY PLACE! Listen to them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spying View Post
                      Hi EliYah,

Shabbat Shalom!

Thank you for having the courage to stand upon the soapbox!

You wrote in your first post on this thread in speaking concerning the spirit in man and the spirit of ELOHIM: EC: Spying, I was speaking of a difference BETWEEN Elohim's spirit in man, and Elohim's Holy Spirit, because I asked this question above:Is Elohim's Holy Spirit The Same As Elohim's spirit in man?

Spying, have you not proven for me below, that the Hebrew word (H7307), and (H5397) is indeed used interchangeably in the scriptures, that is speaking of a living soul??

"Still think they are the same? I think not."

Yes, I still think they are the same. Spirit is spirit, EliYah. Now, spirit can be of two kinds: Spirit can be good, and spirit can be evil. YAHWEH ELOHIM has said this about HIS Breath through Moses :

Genesis 2:7
                      7 And YAHWEH ELOHIM formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (H5397) of life; and man became a living soul.EC: Man became a living soul which is mortal, and NOT an immortal quickening spirit. Romans 2:7; 1 Cor.15:25

EC: Now, IF there is NOT a difference in Elohim's Holy Spirit, and the spirit in man given by Elohim, then why did the apostle Paul make this distinction below?

For what man knoweth the things of a man, except the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of Elohim knoweth no man, but the (Holy) Spirit of Elohim. 1 Cor. 2:11.

And then YAHWEH ELOHIM says this about both men and animals:

Genesis 6:17
                      17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath (H7307) of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. Does animals have YAHWEH'S Holy Spirit???

Here is the real issue of the matter. Consider the wording of this scripture:

Genesis 7:22
                      22 All in whose nostrils was the breath (H5397 & H7307) of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

Is is possible that both are really the same if both are used together as in the above scripture?

Since you believe that the spirit in man is something different than the spirit of ELOHIM, then, EliYah, can you please explain to all of us the process whereby you did receive your spirit from YAHWEH ELOHIM so that the scripture may not be broken? How is it, EliYah, that the spirit in man returns to the ELOHIM who gave that spirit if the spirit that within you is not the spirit of ELOHIM?: My friend, Elohim's spirit in man is NOT immortal Matthew 10:28 and can be destroyed, and Elohim's Holy Spirit is eternal Hebrews 9:14, and immortal 1 Cor.15:45.

Ecclesiates 12:7
                      7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit (H7307) shall return unto ELOHIM who gave it.

Sincerely, Latuwr
                      Spying, you cannot seem to understand this, and I can still show more scriptural examples between the two, and it is as Messiah told Nicodemus.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness. If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? John 3:10-12.

Indeed!

Also, does animals have Yahweh's Holy Spirit???

Comment

If the spirit gives life to our flesh, and NOT to our spirit, why would Paul have said this below?

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Gal.6:8.

Also:

For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah Yah-Shua hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the (Holy) Spirit of Elohim dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Messiah, he is none of his. And if Messiah be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:2-10.

Well, well, the body is dead, but the spirit is life, and we can see from these texts, that the Holy Spirit gives life to our spirit.

Comment

Also:

The (Holy) Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of Elohim:

For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body, ye shall live. Romans 8.

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. Gal.5:17.

Why is Paul always talking about the death of the body, and the putting to death the deeds of the flesh, if the Spirit gives life to our flesh??

Comment

The apostle John said very well:

Ye are of Elohim, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world hears them.

We are of Elohim: he that knows Elohim hears us; he that is not of Elohim hears not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

I love the apostle John.

Indeed!

I have a dear Brother in the faith, his name is also John, he is an elderly man, older than myself, and he reminds me of the apostle John. He has a home in the state of Indiana, he was with the Red Bird Mission, he first came here years ago, and he saw my Grandfather's old walking cane, that has the literal Hebrew names of the Father YAHWEH and Messiah on it, and he was amazed at those Hebrew names literally burned into that old hickory cane.

John comes to visit me about every spring and fall, and he stays with me a few days, he and his wife travel around the world, and they plant the seeds of Yahweh's name and His word. John is a very well educated man, he went to, and graduated from West Point Academy, and served in the military in the Korean war.

John surprised me this spring, he knew I have been driving a 22 year old vehicle for some time. John bought me a 2003 Chevy Malibu Classic, and he even brought it down here to me this spring. This vehicle is brand new, garage kept in storage. John told me, that he had been looking for a luxury car for me, and for a year.

John knew that I would say no, if he had asked me before hand, so he surprised me with it, and he had already bought it, so I could not refuse it, and I very much did need a new vehicle too.

And this commandment have we from him, That he who loves Elohim love his brother also. 1 John 4:21.

My faithful brother John sure does remind me of the apostle John in words and in deeds, and John calls me every Sabbath, and I sure do love my brother John too, we share spiritual knowledge to each other, and very little, if any explaining is need with him.

Comment

If the spirit gives life to our flesh, and NOT to our spirit, why would Paul have said this below?

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Gal.6:8.

Also:

For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah Yah-Shua hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the (Holy) Spirit of Elohim dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Messiah, he is none of his. And if Messiah be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:2-10.

Well, well, the body is dead, but the spirit is life, and we can see from these texts, that the Holy Spirit gives life to our spirit.

Now, armed with this spiritual knowledge, let's look at these scriptures of Messiah:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. John 8:51.

Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. John 8:52.

Did Messiah NOT say, that Abraham and the prophets would be in the Kingdom of Elohim? Matt.8:11; Luke 13:28.

Yes indeed.

Well, those Jews understood that Abraham did indeed die a physical flesh death, however, they, like millions today, could NOT understand, that Abraham's spirit is NOT dead, and they thought Messiah was crazy with a devil.

Is this NOT what people will probably say of me too?

Comment

Working...
                              X