X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don
    replied
    Good subject Spying!

I too have been wondering just what all this means,myself.

I haven't been getting any answers either!

I wonder if it has anything to do with THE SHEPHERD KINGS who where Hebrews that ruled in part of Egypt at one time????

Sure hope someone comes up with something as to just what this all means.

Shalom

Leave a comment:

• Spying
    started a topic Abomination Of The Egyptians

Abomination Of The Egyptians

Hi Bratu,

I do not know whether or not you will see this thread. I am hoping that you will.

Stranger and Old Shepherd on the Lamb of "O" Thread have traded blows concerning the abomination of the Egyptians. Moses states this concerning the Egyptians:
    Gen 43:32
    32 And they set on for him by himself, and for them by themselves, and for the Egyptians, which did eat with him, by themselves: because the Egyptians might not eat bread with the Hebrews; for that is an abomination unto the Egyptians. (KJV)
    Eating bread with Hebrews was an abominable act. Herding cattle and sheep also is stated as being an abominable occupation according to the Egyptians:
    Gen 46:34
    34 That ye shall say, Thy servants' trade hath been about cattle from our youth even until now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for every shepherd is an abomination unto the Egyptians. (KJV)
    Specifically, Bratu, I am very curious about this verse:
    Exod 8:26
    26 And Moses said, It is not meet so to do; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to (the) YAHWEH our ELOHIM: lo, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone us?(KJV)
    You believe in an Egyptian god, Set. In your religious studies, have you encountered the above ideas about abomination. I would like to know why the Egyptians had these particular beliefs. I specifically would like to know if you have any information on the "abomination of the Egyptians". Thanking you for your response, and thanking anyone else who may have light to shed on this subject.

Sincerely, Spying
Working...
X