Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The law [to the jew] LOCKED THAT NATION INTO TRANSGRESSION [sin]

Why then the law?" (Gal. 3:19).

"In seeking to establish their own righteousness, they would not submit to the righteousness of God."

Why couldn't the law make the jewish people alive?[/u]

And why did it shut up people under sin?
    because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace,

Roms 8:3,4.
    "God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh could not do"
    (cf. Gal. 3:21),
    " by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the just requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

Romans 8:3
    says there was something the law could not do.
    It could not do away with sin in people's lives.
    it couldn't empower and give real life to people.
    And so it could not make alive.
    the law was weak through the flesh.
    The reason the law compounded sin instead of giving life was that the recipients of the law were ruled by the flesh and devoid of the Holy Spirit.

reason - the law to the jew was devoid of the work of the HOLY SPIRIT
    Romans 8:7
    describes the kind of mind which the law met with when it came:
    "The mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God's law, indeed, it cannot; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

THESE POOR PEOPLE failed because the law did not bring true life.
    The law was not the EMPOWERING HOLY SPIRIT. that is why we must stop any lawkeeping - it is a lie.

you cannot have the HOLY SPIRIT EMPOWERMENT AND return to the works of THE LAW of death.

The lesson of the OT law to the jew is that weof the new creation and new covenant are utterly dependent on grace to remove our heart of stone and give us a soft heart of faith and love.
    (Rom. 5:20)

if we are lied to by angels of light and ''have to keep parts of the law to the jew to receive our salvation'' = it is a bewitching hoax.

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
    John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
    Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
    Romans 6:22 But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.
    Romans 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.
    Romans 7:21 So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me.

Barnes' Notes on the Bible
    Hath made me free - That is, has delivered me from the predominating influence and control of sin.

But the design, the tendency, and the spirit of the gospel was to produce this freedom from what the Law could not deliver; and he was now brought under the general power of this scheme.
    In the former state he was under a most bitter and galling bondage;
    Romans 7:7-11. Now, he was brought under the influence of a scheme which contemplated freedom, and which produced it.

The law of sin and death - The controlling influence of sin, leading to death and condemnation; Romans 7:5-11.

Clarke's Commentary on the Bible
    For the law of the Spirit of life - The Gospel of the grace of Christ, which is not only a law or rule of life, but affords that sovereign energy by which guilt is removed from the conscience, the power of sin broken, and its polluting influence removed from the heart. The law was a spirit of death, by which those who were under it were bound down, because of their sin, to condemnation and death. The Gospel proclaims Jesus the Savior; and what the law bound unto death, It looses unto life eternal.
    Wesley's Notes
    8:2 The law of the Spirit - That is, the gospel. Hath freed me from the law of sin and death - That is, the Mosaic dispensation.

being a gentile we are UNLOCKED FROM the law of death..... cont.

In Roms. the Holy Spirit= He is mentioned nineteen times.
    how?
    Redemption is by blood and by power.
    Rom 3:21-5:11 speaks of the redemptive price;
    Rom 8. of redemptive power.
    cont..........

Comment

Working...
    X