A Hebrew, Caleb, and not Profaning the Sabbath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hebrew, Caleb, and not Profaning the Sabbath

Shalom Everyone, first, to be a TRUE Hebrew, one must be willing to leave their fathers house and cross over to the land that Yahweh draws you too, Messiah Yeshua. Every sinner dwells in the house of Satan, he is the father of all sinners, and Yahweh wants us to leave the house of Satan to come and dwell in the promised Land of the Messiah. A True Hebrew listens to that call and leaves his OLD dwelling place of sin and evil, and crosses over to reside in the Body of Messiah where there is no sin allowed. Caleb was such a person, for he left his home as a foreigner by birth, and became a member of the house of Judah, and was given the City of Hebron as a reward. Caleb FULLY followed Yahweh, because he had another Spirit with him:

Num 14:24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

You see, Caleb, being a foreigner, fully followed Yahweh, and did not Profane His Sabbaths, therefore, he was given an inheritance and reward just like it says here:

Isa 56:1-7 Thus says Yahweh, "Preserve justice and do righteousness, For My salvation is about to come And My righteousness to be revealed. (2) "How blessed is the man who does this, And the son of man who takes hold of it; Who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And keeps his hand from doing any evil." (3) Let not the foreigner who has joined himself to Yahweh say, "Yahweh will surely separate me from His people." Nor let the eunuch say, "Behold, I am a dry tree." (4) For thus says Yahweh, "To the eunuchs who keep My sabbaths, And choose what pleases Me, And hold fast My covenant, (5) To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial, And a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off. (6) "Also the foreigners who join themselves to Yahweh, To minister to Him, and to love the name of Yahweh, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath And holds fast My covenant; (7) Even those I will bring to My holy mountain And make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; For My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."

Caleb set the standard for any foreigner who desired to FULLY follow Yahweh, and he did not profane the Sabbath. But those who were entrusted with the priesthood did, because they ignored the Law in their drunken stupor, and treated the Sabbath like "any other day:"

Eze 22:26 The priests of Israel ignore my Law! Not only do they refuse to respect any of my sacred things, but they don't even teach the difference between what is sacred and what is ordinary, or between what is clean and what is unclean. They treat my Sabbath like any other day, and so my own people no longer honor me.

But eventually, the True Priests of Yahweh will TEACH His People what to eat and drink, and HOW to observe the Holy Days, New Moon and the Sabbath (Col 2:16-17):

Eze 44:23-24 Priests must teach my people the difference between what is sacred and what is ordinary, and between what is clean and what is unclean. (24) They will make decisions in difficult legal cases, according to my own laws. They must also observe the religious festivals my Law requires and must always respect the Sabbath.

So, those who are called out like Caleb, and are willing to "cross over" to the Land which flows milk and honey (Messiah Yeshua), must ALWAYS respect the Sabbath and NOT PROFANE it, like some are in the habit of doing (Hebrews 10:25--notice the writer is WRITING to Hebrews). ImAHebrew
    Col 2:16 & 17 Teaches us that no "man" is to determine what we eat or drink, or how the Sabbath, Holy Days, and New Moon should be observed, instead, The Body of Messiah IS to determine those things, just like what happened in Acts 15.

Now, The Body of Messiah determined that since Moses is READ every Sabbath in the Synagogues (Acts 15:21), the Gentiles would be able to HEAR (Luke 16:31, John 5:46-47), and then do those things to farewell (Acts 15:29). Those FOUR necessary commands that The Body of Messiah determined for the Gentiles, were FROM the Law of Moses.
    Abstain from meats offered to idols
    (Exo 34:15), abstain from blood (Lev 17:14), abstain from things strangled (Deu 12:23), and abstain from fornication (Lev 19:29).
    So do not let anyone deceive you into believing falsely about the Law of Moses.
Working...
X